Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by sam, Nov 27, 2000.
Barclaycard Ring™ Mastercard®
No annual fee, No balance transfer fees, No foreign transaction fees, Low interest!
CREDIT CARD WITH NO ANNUAL FEEBarclaycard Ring™ Mastercard®
Credit One Unsecured Visa®for Rebuilding Credit
Credit card for people with bad credit to rebuild credit!
BAD CREDIT CREDIT CARDCredit One Bank® Rebuild Credit
First Access VISA® Credit Card
Access to credit even with bad or limited credit! Reports to 3 major credit bureaus and accepted wherever you see the Visa® sign. Get application response in 60 seconds.
CREDIT CARD FOR BAD CREDITFirst Access VISA®
primor® Secured VisaClassic Card
Credit lines available up to $5,000! Reports to three national credit bureaus; perfect card for reestablishing credit. Guaranteed approval*!
SECURED CARD FOR REBUILDING CREDITprimor Secured Visa Classic
Credit One Bank® Unsecured Visa® with Cash Back Rewards
Get cash back on every purchase. Unsecured credit card with monthly monitoring for credit line increases. Improve your credit history with responsible use.
CASH BACK UNSECURED VISACredit One Bank
I recieved the offer over 1 year ago. I held for a few months and decided to go for it. I've had it for almost a year with no problems. I recieved an automatic increase at 6 months and have been told by customer service that at 1 year, since I have no lates etc., that my card will become completely unsecured and they will be sending me an offer for an unsecured mastercard in January. The only negative that I see is the inability to pay online.
I just received this offer from First National Bank of Marin a few days ago. I was debating on if I should get this partially secured card, but thought I would ask everyone on this board first. I also want to konw if anyone has anything positive or negative to say about them.
I was approved for $600: security deposit of $200, $99 one time fee (have to send in at least $49 of it), and $72 annual fee ($6 per month). Considering I only have a Providian Gold ($500) that was just opened, should I put in this much money for them?
I've had their card for a little over a year. I haven't had any problems with them. Though I plan to get rid of them soon. I find their fees excessive. I have never received a credit increase. Nor, have they unsecured my card. On the other hand,
Providian has steadily increased my limit (from $500 to $3100) and upgraded me to a gold card. Capital One has even increased my limit.
Good Luck to You
It was my first rebuilding car
I had first national bank of marin from 4/99 to 4/00. It has its pros and cons.
1) They gave me my start in rebuilding credit, even before I really knew how to repair it.
2) It is secured and when I closed the account they returned the deposit ($200) no problem within a few short weeks.
3) They report to the credit bureaus monthly
1) They have the annoying habit of calling you before the payment is due to do a over the phone payment. That happened a couple of times. They call to see if and when you made a payment and offer to take your checking account # to make sure you are not late. It cost also. I went for it I think 2 times.
2) They have high fees, much like First Premier less. They charge $6-8/mo annual membership fee. That's a lot of loot.
3) You have to call them to unsecure your account or get credit line increases. (They are no like providian).
4) Customer service sometimes can be rude and sassy, but that just depends.
5) They offer that silly, -I forget the name- credit building planner to restore your credit. A newletter comes twice a year which is useless and ridiculous. Tells you to eat beans in order to pay your credit card bills. lol.
But all in all if you can not do better, First National Bank of Marin is ok. I can see where people could have a problem with them. If you are late, they will bug you. They call even if you arenot late sometimes. But they do report that positive credit every month. FCNB report every 4 months which isnot that great. I think the worse thing is the fees. But they gotta make that money. Good Luck !
To Kelly: RE: Bank of Marin
When did Providian offer you the Gold card was it when you reach a credit limit or 3100 or you had the card for a long time. That is good.
RE: To Kelly: RE: Bank of Mar
It was a little over a year when they upgraded me to gold. They increased my limit $1000 with the upgrade. In between they had increased my limit by $1000 once and $500 once