Bank One blacklist?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Mirage, Sep 12, 2003.

1. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

Does anyone here know if Bank One has a bk memory blacklist like Citibank?

Best regards,
    Mirage

2. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

bump

3. DanS

DanS Well-Known Member

Can you break that down for me? Does that mean I can never get a CC from Citi again?

4. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Bank One blacklist?

Yes, if you ever went south on Citibank ie: bk on them getting a cc with them is next to impossible.

Amex also has a long memory on this issue as well.

Best regards,
    Mirage

5. Brad J

Brad J Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Bank One blacklist?

If Bank One does have a blacklist, it does not get mentioned very much. For sure, Citi and Sears are well known for blacklisting people who ever had chargeoffs, IIB, etc with them.

6. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Bank One blacklist?

That's my guess as I did a search here and no mentioned of any. I also managed to get a checking account with them despite filing bk-13 on 3 Bank One accounts.

Best regards,
    Mirage

7. moneyelf

moneyelf Well-Known Member

How long is Ctibank's memory? More than 10 years?Is it ever possible to get an actual credit card again from a bank you "went south" with? Didn't even consider that. Thought it was impossible

8. Brad J

Brad J Well-Known Member

Citi's memory equals there database memory of your SSN, name, DOB, etc. If you had a CO,IIB, etc with them, I'm sure it will come back and say as much when they enter your application info. I have not heard of many people having gone south with Citi and able to get back in again, even with a PFB letter.

9. trina

trina Well-Known Member

That's the part that confuses me. I got a preapproval for BP gas card in the mail and the issuing bank is Citi. I had a CO with them (but paid the CA before I discovered this site--read some of my first posts);got the gas card.

But it is JUST a gas card; does blacklist mean ALL credit products?

10. trina

trina Well-Known Member

Bump

11. Brad J

Brad J Well-Known Member

No. The gas cards are probably OK, I was referring to Citicards like Plat. select, Smart, AAdvantage, DriverseEdge, etc.

12. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Hey Mirage -

I remember when I challenged an incorrect First USA
    entry that was on my reports, First USA sent me something saying they could not verify my info at all and wanted me to fill out some form - I never sent the form back and the entry fell off a few months later.

SO - if when Bank One merged with First USA - or whatever- they could not even find the Dogman's data anywhere - to even verify a credit card ever existed - it may be an indication that one with poor history 7\10 yrs ago would not even be remembered.

so - I may try Bank One later. Dogman

13. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

Dogman, I think with all the Bank One mergers, databases may have been not properly maintained.

I bk-13 on First Chicago which was bought by Bank One.

I remembered one of the other cc accounts that I bk on was bought by Wachovia and I tried to dispute it but it came back verified. When Bank One bought the cc accounts from Wachovia my entry was deleted.

Since no one here on this board has reported a Bank One blackkist, I will give it a try in a month or two.

Best regards,
    Mirage

14. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Does anyone here know if Bank One has a bk memory blacklist like Citibank?

Best regards,
    Mirage

15. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

I had a couple of charge-off accounts with Citi over ten yhears and my name is not on blacklist. A couple of years , I applied for Citicard and I got approvedI guess it is lucky. By the way, I also have charge-off account with Sears over ten plus years and now I have both Sears Card and Sears Mastercard.

Ron.

16. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Mirage,

BankOne closed my account even I had perfect payment history with them for 5 yrs. They also shrink the credit lines of my brother's credit card from $10K to $2500. Beware BankOne /First USA.

Ron.

17. Brad J

Brad J Well-Known Member

Only up to 8 years I believe. After that, if you are still being "blacklisted", a PFB might do the trick, provided your CR's are clean as a whistle