Bank One >>Secured any o

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by mil, Nov 30, 2000.

1. mil

mil Guest

I would like to know if any one of you anything about this card , I hope they report to CR?

THX,

2. Carrot

Carrot Guest

RE: Bank One >>Secured a

I sent off for an application last week. I've haven't read the terms, but I do know they only require a $100 deposit. I'll keep you posted.

3. mil

mil Guest

THX, i send the application last month just recived approval and asking to send the check for security deposit , Actually when i filled the application out my banker told me not to send money till u recived approval from them ...

4. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Did it even give you the option to enclose the money?

I requested an app just to see what the deal was.

Do you have any info on the card? Vital stats (i.e. APR, Fees, unsecured status after how long? ETc...). Elaborate if you can. How do they report?

5. mil

mil Guest

sorry mp but i dont have this info , as far as enclosed money my banker told me to wait till they send u approval letter.

6. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

How did you apply? Over the phone? On-line? Most secured applications (that have to be mailed) request that you send the money with the app.

7. Doris K.

Doris K. Well-Known Member

Rethink This One! Bank One is

Keep in mind that Bank One and FirstUSA are one in the same. They provide the absolute worst customer service possible, and even they acknowledge it. I hope you'll take the time to look over some of the posts about FirstUSA and reevaluate this idea.

8. Sister Gir

Sister Gir Guest

RE: Rethink This One! Bank One

Actually,Bank One's customer service is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT from First USA division. I have both a First USA credit card & checking/line of credit accounts w/Bank One;the First USA customer service**SUCKS**,but Bank One's people are **VERY WONDERFUL**. I have carried my First USA card since 1993 & my Bank One accounts since 1995. Oddly,when you speak w/each,you come out adding a little more positive/negative to the experience(depending on whom you are speaking with).

Apparently,Bank One has transitioned every credit card account that they used to maintain over to First USA(which was a major negative impact & I personally have voice my opinion to the Presidint of First USA....Jeff Unkle).

Love,
    Sister Girl

9. Carrot

Carrot Guest

Thanks for the warning

First USA issues the UVA Alumni Association Visa and it is sooo cute--too bad the bank sucks, huh?

10. sam

sam Well-Known Member

RE: Thanks for the warning

Another division of first usa, of course , is wingspanbank.com, so far, i report after having the account for a month, their service is decent. Nothing superb, but when you compare to bank of america or wachovia, its 10x better.

I guess they are trying to hide the first usa name :)

11. Doris K.

Doris K. Well-Known Member

RE: Rethink This One! Bank One

I hope you're right. Today, some ladies in my volunteer group said the same thing you just said. They claim that even though Bank One and FirstUSA are basically the same company, the operations of the two entities are like day and night.

FirstUSA pissed me off so bad, I've made up my mind that no one in that company is getting another thing from me that doesn't involve a swift kick in the arse! ;-)