Bank United.."2nd chance

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Killer, Jan 29, 2001.

1. Killer

Killer Guest

I don't know if this has been mentioned or not. I heard an advertisement on the radio for 'second chance checking" at Bank United. The announcer stated that "if you have made mistakes in the past and can't open a checking account, we will give you another chance". He also stated that you must pay a fee for 3 months and then the checking becomes free. I glanced at their site (bankunited.com) and their was a link for "second chance checking". Hmmm...I wonder if they have "second chance credit cards".

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

RE: Bank United.."2nd cha

NEAREST BANK TO COLORADO IS TEXAS...

3. Killer

Killer Guest

George,

They have on-line banking and bill pay.

I have a checking account with AMEX. That's a long way from Texas where I live. However, I have had no problems.

I guess if you can get a local bank to open an account that would be better. But for folks on checksystems maybe this is a solution. Just a thought.

4. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member

compubank.com

5. rick

rick Well-Known Member

Bank United is being bought out by Washington Mutual in the next few months. Once the converstion to Washington Mutual takes place you can bank in many western states that has a WAMU.

6. Coala

Coala Guest

I applied with AMEX and Compubank and both denied me based on ChexSystems.

Tried Second Chance in Bank United but you can not apply on line, you have to go to Texas to apply, and I live in Midwest. If any one else got a checking account with bad info in Chex Systems, let me know please. Preferably with an on-line bank. I need to get a house loan so I have to have checking.
    Thanks!