BankOne closed all my accounts!!!!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Ron, Sep 26, 2003.

1. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

I tried to use my BankOne Cash Back Platinum Cards and it was denied. I called them to find out what happen. They transfer me a couple of depts.First, they closed one account and later they found out I have a couple of accounts with them. They closed all of them due of too many trade lines and too many balances. They told me that they reviewed the account and pulled credit report from credit bureaus. They found out I have too many accoutns and balances. They told me that BankOne doesn't want to take that risk. I told them that I have been paid my bills, never late for last five years and they still close all my accounts.

Ron.

2. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

That's the problem GEORGE has--no lates, no overlimits or anything, but can't get any accounts.

It does seem crazy that they'd close them all--maybe one or two, but not all.

I hope this isn't a new trend. I have two accounts with them.

3. snakeman

snakeman Well-Known Member

My wife's grandfather has a bankone platinum with a 35k credit limit. We have charged nearly 10k to it in less than 3 months. We plan on paying it off in another week or so but heres the thing; The whole time the Grandfather has had this account, he has never charged that much. He has had this account for 14 years and has never payed late. His interest rate is 7.9 for purchases and 19.9 for advances.

Heres the thing though. He never has gotten any offers for squat til now. I guess they want to see you actually paying interest before they become friendly.

The latest offer? 5000 dollars transferred into your checking account which doesn't count against your cash advance limit. All that plus 1.99 for 6 months or 5.99 for the life of the loan.

SnakeMan

4. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

I wish they'd give me that 5.9% until paid. I could pay off all the rest of my stuff with that!!

5. Mark LA

Mark LA Well-Known Member

Ron - I'm on the verge of closing my Bank One account - since they changed over to 2 cycle avg daily balance... I don't trust them.
    Do you have any balances on the accounts they closed?
    And did they raise your interest rate on the balances?

6. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Mark LA,

I owe all Bank One Credit cards less than $100 and I paid them off all the cards today. She asked me why I wanted to get the cards and I told her for cash rebates. I guess they don't like that whenI paid it off monthly. I haven't paid them a cent of interest and it means it is unprofitable for them.That'w why they closed my accounts. My brother has two accounts with Bank One accounts with them and they haven't closed his accounts instead they increased one of the card's credi tlimit. They found lamne excuse (too many trade lines and balances like Juniper) to close accounts. Discover Card , Citibank,MBNA didn't do that to me. She told me that I can re-apply if your condition changes. I don't think so. BankOne/First USA is the only that carries Visa/MC and I can get any credit card that I want.

Ron.

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

They are ACTING WEIRD...

Wife and I have AU on each others individual accounts...UNITED VISA

I asked for a "PRE-APPROVED" CLI...(PFB)

BASIC ANSWER..."WHEN WE FEEL LIKE IT"...OR WE CAN DO A "HARD" AT ANYTIME...

It has been 15+ months...THOUGHT IT WAS TIME...

Other than AMEX BLUE ($1,000)...IT IS MY LOWEST CREDIT LIMIT!!! ($7,500)

8. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

NOT PAYING $0.01 INTEREST DOES NOT MEAN THEY DON'T MAKE MONEY OFF YOU!!!

Every sale generates a FEE...BANK ONE GETS A CUT OF THAT MONEY!!!

1.50%-5.00% OF THE TOTAL SALE + $0.25-$0.75 EACH SALE

YMMV

9. Mark LA

Mark LA Well-Known Member

Re: BankOne closed all my accounts!

yeah ,right, like you'd actually WANT to re-apply
    you're better off without them Ron...
    After my mortgage closes (next week - yea!) i'm going to cancel my First USA card.

10. jrjr37

jrjr37 Well-Known Member

Back in the mid 90's, they were begging people to take these cards. Now when the economy has tightened, they're getting very stingy.

Personally Ron, as long as you have great credit, don't sweat it. There are other banks that would be glad to have you as a customer.

11. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

Jeeze, and I was going to apply for the Bank One Mileage Plat card.

Best regards,
    Mirage

12. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: Re: BankOne closed all my accounts!

UNITED MILEAGE PLUS???

GO FOR IT!!!

Don't forget to put TOTAL H/H INCOME

$60.00 per year...DON'T TAKE THE 5,000 miles plus "COMPANION" DEAL!!!

Go for the 15,000 or 20,000 miles deal...

THEN YOU MAY STILL BE ABLE TO UP-GRADE TO GOLD FOR 5,000 MORE MILES AT A LATER DATE...

13. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

I smell a trend towards a con job here.

14. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

1*Personally Ron, as long as you have great credit,
    2*don't sweat it. There are other banks that would be glad to have you as a customer.
    jrjr37
    ============
    1*The banks are working on fixing that starting with bank one.

15. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Hey Ron,

That really bites. I have never heard a good thing about them. I have never applied for their cards and never will.

BTW, Chase cut my limit in half 2 months ago. They said I had too many accts and was carrying too high balances.????? My balances were much less when they cut the limit than they were when I applied in January.

Forget about it. They don't want your business, give it to those that do.

16. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: BankOne closed all my accounts!

George, thanks for the support. Really will give them a try as I have 2 checking accounts, a check guard account, and a savings account with Bank One. I really don't have a problem with them as I do bank with them.

Best regards,
    Mirage

17. RichGuy

RichGuy Well-Known Member

Ron,

I'm sorry to read how they mistreated you.

You're really good at finding new cards, and here they punish you for getting too many.

They're idiots. They don't realize that they're about number 30 on any normal person's list, so only someone with 29 cards will even look at them.

18. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

I don't believe them like subprime cardholder and I don't have any money to pay my bill. My perfect credit history can get anything I want. I heard a lot of terrible about BankOne/First USA and it is all true.
    From now I don't want anything from them. They can do that to me and they can do it to all of you. The other issuer is Juniper Bank. Stay away from Bankone/First USA, Juniper and Providian.
    By the way, I have a BankOne Checking and I'm going to close it on Monday. They're really don't want and appreciate my business.

Ron.

19. RichGuy

RichGuy Well-Known Member

Ron,

Thanks for the warnings. I know you have a lot of knowledge and experience.

I hope you give them exactly what they deserve on Monday. Kick 'em out for good.

20. kevinw01

kevinw01 Well-Known Member

Hello Ron,

I am very sorry to hear that Bankone close all your accounts... that is not too cool of them since you paid on time with them... well it reminds me of like the GM Card no increase in like over a year and no apr reduction either... they pull a hard inq on me as well.... anyways I am sure that you have other cards that you can use... I try to apply for Bank One a few years back and they denied me then cause of too many accounts a bogus reason... anyways hope you will feel better and I am sorry again to hear this... take care and please keep in touch...

Thx,

Kev