BankOne closed all my accounts!!!!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Ron, Sep 26, 2003.

1. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Re: BankOne closed all my accounts!

kevin,

That's all right, It is not a big loss and it is a big loss for them. I still have a Citibank,MBNA ,BofA and Discover Card and they haven't done anything to me yet. Stay way from Juniper, Providian and BankOne.
    Always nice to hear from you.

Ron.

2. kevinw01

kevinw01 Well-Known Member

Hello Ron,

I am glad that you are feeling okay.... yeah Thanks for the advice I will stay away from Bankone, Providian, well Juniper I still have a account with them and they are not giving me anything at all no cl increases, no apr reductions nothing... is always good to have other backups... anyways please keep in touch and is always nice talking to you too... take care....

Thx,

Kev

3. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

kevin,

BankOne not only did to me and they also shrunk my brother's Platinum Visa credit limit. They shrunk down hsi credit limit from $13000 to $2500. I'm glad you don't have any BankOne cards. How's the US Bank credit card? Are they any good? I called Nordstrom Bank Visa to lower purchase APR and they told me that I need another 3 months to qualify for lower APR. I like them because the customer service always friendly and polite.

Ron.

4. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

It's things like bank one has done here that Makes FICO a Shell Game.

Whenever Creditors take actions like this which arbitrarily trashes ones score when the consumer did nothing wrong and over which he has no control then FICO can't be anything but a con job !

5. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Closed by creditor is a Neg.
    So you get a ding on your reports for each account they closed.
    Ah the FICO shell game and credit reporting con job at work!

6. Ã?collector

Ã?collector Member

After BankOne/FUSA dropped my limit from $7000 to $1500, I cancelled the card. They wouldn't even decrease the interest. While this was going on, AMEX, CitiBank and Discover increased my limits.

7. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Ron, sorry they treated you this way. They are jerks, forget them, you're better off without them.

8. Butch

Butch Well-Known Member

Re: Re: BankOne closed all my accounts!

Economy is turning major [upward] corners, as we speek.

9. kevinw01

Hello Ron,

I am glad too that I don't have any accounts with Bank One... US Bank has been nice to me... I had gotten 3 auto increases with them... each time a $1k increase.... they send me 0% offers on checks for like 6 mons quite often... they lower my apr once to 8.90% from 10.24% still not too bad... their customer service is okay I don't need to talk to them too often... as for the Nordstrom Visa Card well I try to ask for an apr reduction last month the rep said that no because of an review from the exp credit report... okay credit line increases will not happen till the account is 7 mons old... so I can try for it now the seven statement cycle just closed... anyways take it easy and please keep in touch...

Thx,

Kev

10. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

kevin,

Thanks for reply. I'm thinking to get the Cash Rewards from US Bank and it replace BankOne Cash Rewards Card. I look at their rate and it is a liitle bit higher than Bank One. I don't mind the higher interest rate than Bank ONe because I paid it off monthly. Did they have on-line payment or any kind of accountonline access like Nordstrom Visa, Target Visa or Bof A?

Breeze,

They reduced my brother's Cash Rewards Platinum Visa from $13000 to $2500 this week. I told him to sell his computer to pay them off or do the BT .Then tell them to close the accounts.

Ron.

11. Platinum

Platinum Well-Known Member

BankOne/ FirstUsa denied all my applications several time years ago and now reading all these posts about how they treat thier good customers, I am really glad they denied me.

12. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

ALWAYS HAVE A BACK UP...

13. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

WHAT IS TOO MUCH FOR CREDIT LIMITS???

ARE YOU AT 80%???

ARE YOU AT 99%???

...OR ARE YOU UNDER 50% TOTAL DEBT TO TOTAL CREDIT LIMIT RATIO???

DO YOU HAVE THE INCOME TO SUPPORT IT???

"IF" you have the INCOME to support it...and you are under 50% TOTAL DEBT TO TOTAL CREDIT LIMIT RATIO...their reason for closing the accounts or lowering the credit limits is FRIVOLOUS!!!

...AND PLEASE HAVE THE GUTS TO TELL THEM SO!!!

"IF" they lowered the CREDIT LIMIT and you closed it...DEMAND that they report the credit limit to the CRA'S as it was before...NOT what it is now...

14. kevinw01

Hello Ron,

Yes US Bank offers online account access and you can pay your bill online and view your statement online as well.... the cash rewards card looks like a good card to get.... I just have the Platinum Visa Card with them.... try them out you will like them... let me know how it goes okay... take care and please keep in touch...

Thx,

Kev

15. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: BankOne closed all my accounts!

**if you have a US BANK checking or savings account to pay with...

16. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

Ron: The same happened to me with MBNA. They closed a perfect two years account with 20k limit, because of too many credit available with the others issuers. (Actually I think it was because I rarely used this account and the amounts were smalls.)

17. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Geo,

I have two credit cards accounts and Apple Instant Loans with MBNA. I use my Quantum World Points MC and Elite Rewards MC every month and paid it off monthly.Apple Instant Loan used it once a year to purchases computer. I have Quantum Card since 99, Elite Rewards Platinum Plus since 2001 and Apple Instant Loan since 2000. Quantum Card and Elite Rewards got increase for every three to four month and Apple Instant Loan got increase every 6 months. I used First USA Bank every month and paid on-time for over 5 years. No late and No past due on my credit reports.They closed after pulled soft inquiry from Experian on Sept 24. The reason is too many balances on crtedit card accounts.5 yrs perfect payment history with First USA doesn't mean a thing to them.
    By the way, they shrink my brother's Cash Rewards Platinum Visa from $13,000 to $2500.

Ron.

18. willgator

willgator Well-Known Member

Re: Re: BankOne closed all my accounts!!!!!

Ron if you don't mind how many open accounts...

19. willgator

willgator Well-Known Member

Re: Re: BankOne closed all my accounts!!!!!

Ron if you don't mind how many open accounts...

20. Mark LA

Mark LA Well-Known Member

Re: Re: BankOne closed all my accou

Ron if you don't mind how many open accounts... :)