Bankruptcy is gone, new cards

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by helpwanted, Sep 26, 2003.

1. helpwanted

helpwanted Well-Known Member

Successfully got a Bankruptcy deleted from my Equifax.

I began to reapply for some cards...

Here is what I got with a 730 EFX and NO DEROGS, no lates, no paid collections etc... Credit History of 12 years, 2 bank loans for less than $1500 and only 1 credit card on file, no auto loans, and a 3 unpaid student loans. (up to date though)

Providian - even though I had a card with them with a CL of $4,500 for 2 years, I closed it, and then opened a new one. Unfortunately they didn't care and I only got a $1,000 limit

GM Card - $1,000 Limit
    Corvette Card - $3,000 Limit ???????
    Union Card - denied

The 3 above were with Household, I wonder why there is no standard? How could I be denied for one and not the other??

Amex Blue - denied
    Home Depot - approved for $1,000
    Citibank - denied

Anyway, hope this helps someone....I think I'll lay off the inquiries for now! :D

2. NiceGuy

NiceGuy Well-Known Member

Wow, what reason did Blue give for denying you with that kind of score?

3. jrjr37

jrjr37 Well-Known Member

Where any of those cards included in your bankruptcy? Some companies keep a blacklist of customers that filed BK on them. Otherwise I'm not sure why they'd deny you with those scores?

4. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

Is your bk still listed on your 2 reports?

Best regards,
    Mirage

5. helpwanted

BK not listed on EFX. BK listed on EXP and TRANS as far as I know.

None of the cards listed in BK.

Your guess is as good as mine. I didn't have any derogs. I don't know why Amex Blue was denied. Still waiting on why!

6. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

My guess is that some of the cards that you applied for did not pull EQ but rather your other 2 reports which has your bk still listed.

Best regards,
    Mirage

7. helpwanted

going by the "who pulled my credit" post. I applied to ONLY the ones who pulled strictly EQUIFAX!

8. DanS

DanS Well-Known Member

To verify that they only pulled one report, you'll have to look at all three. If you're not using it, PrivacyGuard.com will get you three months of daily pulls across all three for $1.

9. helpwanted

Thanks, you all were right.

whopulledmycredit and a few other sources are incorrect.

AMEX pulled Experian
    Household pulled 1 inquiry at EFX
    Providian pulled Experian & Transunion
    Citibank pulled EFX ?????? Not sure why I was denied.

10. willgator

willgator Well-Known Member

you were denied because citibank does not make decisions by fico score they have an internal scoring system sorry