Bankruptcy Letter

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by BostonJeff, Apr 26, 2001.

1. BostonJeff

BostonJeff Well-Known Member

I found this template on the Yahoo credit group, has anyone used this and do you think it would work?

Thanks

EXPERIAN
    800 N. MAGNOLIA AVE.
    ORLANDO, FL 32803

To Whom It May Concern:

I am disturbed that you continue to list the dismissed bankruptcy as confirmed. Although it is your policy to keep reporting bankruptcies which are filed, dismissed or adjudicated for ten years, the Fair Credit Reporting Act mentions nothing in Section 1681c relating to bankruptcy about dismissals or filings. The law clearly states from â??date of adjudicationâ? or date of â??order for reliefâ?.

Any case, civil or otherwise, which is dismissed no longer exists in the eyes of the law and a case filed may never have actually been adjudicated. Therefore, you have no right to maintain information which the government has deemed nonexistent.

Therefore, it is only fair that in accordance with Section 1681(a)(5) of the FCRA you delete this from my credit report and send me an updated copy when it is completed.

Considering that this does not require an investigation, I would appreciate your response within two weeks from the date you receive this letter.