Bankruptcy on/off/on/off

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by NanaC, Mar 26, 2001.

1. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Anyone have any idea why, according to Privista, they would keep removing my bankruptcy, then putting it back on, removing, then putting it back on?

2. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

PS..within a 2 week span

3. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Who is privista?

4. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

They are a "credit guard"...check my credit report (Equifax) weekly and give me updates with a score (not like a Beacon..but they give me the percentage less than me) and I see my credit report changes weekly. They only do the change weekly.

Anyway, it's $29.95 a year...
    I still want to know why they are bouncing that bankruptcy

5. numnuts20

numnuts20 Well-Known Member

"not like a Beacon..but they give me the percentage less than me"

just wanted to let you know that the percentage they give is nowhere close to the Equifax/Beacon percentages even though both pull from same CRA....see thread below

http://consumers.creditnet.com/phorum/read.php?f=1&i=41512&t=41379

Duh... I just realized that you started the thread and probably realize this already, anyway I was disappointed when I got the percentage below me from http://www.myfico.com/...It was 67% below...Privista said 99% below.

6. numnuts20

Forget previous post...I wish there was a delete button!

7. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

It's wierd..because mine were similar...so go figure. I'm not relying on them..

I still would like to know why the bankruptcy (which is inaccurate by the way) is on/off/on/off/on...so strange

8. numnuts20

Privista is a little screwy....I have received 2 alerts so far

1) 03/12/2001 Account opened CHASE NA
    An account has been opened in your name on 03/1995 with CHASE NA account number XXXXXXXXXXXXXX. The credit limit is $16,500. Your current balance is $0. If this is incorrect, contact CHASE NA

2) 03/19/2001 % Balance change M.B.N.A AMER 31%
    Your M.B.N.A AMER account, number XXXXXXXXXXXXXX, has increased from a balance of $0 to $32, representing an increase of 32%. This exceeds your preset limits. If this is incorrect, contact M.B.N.A AMER

1) This account was opened in 1995,no way should it have generated a "new acct." alert.

2) I charged $32 on mbna which is WAY less than a 32% increase from last months credit limit.

I do not have a problem with getting a couple false alerts as long as I get an alert when there really is something requiring my attention!

"Am I the only one who objects to the fact that we, the people, constantly have to pay and work for our protection so that corporate can make BILLIONS in profits off our fear of incorrect credit reporting and identity theft?

We have to PAY for credit reports to monitor who incorrectly reports on us, we have to PAY for our credit scores (coming soon), we have to PAY for credit monitoring services ... and all those payments are VICTORIES because we now have the RIGHT TO PAY!

It makes me sick."

and

" We pay to do quality control for them. It's a total scam"

9. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info..I had the same situation with an alert that was 6 years old..crazy...

I like the quotes..they are so true!

10. numnuts20

11. numnuts20

12. numnuts20

forget my lame links I'm going to bed! Good night

13. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Re: one more try

This is the credit monitoring service AmEx offers their customers:

http://www.intersections.com/default.asp

AmEx customers pay $7.95 a month, lowly others <G> can get it for $9.95 a month. They monitor all 3 bureaus, notify you of changes in all three, have 24/7 1-800 counselors who know what they are talking about!!! I have called them twice, they are very knowledgable.

breeze

14. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Breeze: Do they monitor daily? Weekly?

15. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Re: Bankruptcy on/off/on/off
    Author: numnuts20 (12.29.13.---)
    Date: 03-26-01 19:02

"Am I the only one who objects to the fact that we, the people, constantly have to pay and work for our protection so that corporate can make BILLIONS in profits off our fear of incorrect credit reporting and identity theft?

"no"

We have to PAY for credit reports to monitor who incorrectly reports on us===================
    BYlaw we should be allowed at least one free report per 6 months"

we have to PAY for our credit scores (coming soon), we have to PAY for credit monitoring services ... and all those payments are VICTORIES because we now have the RIGHT TO PAY!

It makes me sick."

and

" We pay to do quality control for them. It's a total scam"===========
    WE shouldn't be paying them for doing their record keeping --They should be paying us!!!!!