Bankruptcy question???

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Desmond, Oct 5, 2000.

1. Desmond

Desmond Guest

On your credit report once you file BK does each creditor you included in BK shows up on each creditor listed or it is just noted in the Public record column.

2. Marilyn

Marilyn Guest

It is noted under the Public Records Section that you filed BK and each creditor that reports to the Bureau is listed and it says "Included in Bankruptcy" before each one.
    Marilyn

3. ShyGuy

ShyGuy Well-Known Member

That's the way it's supposed to work, but you better check your credit reports a few months after discharge. About five of my creditors didn't bother to inform the credit bureaus they were included in bankruptcy. Instead, they are listed 180 days past due or charged off after the BK -- as if they knew nothing about my Chapter 7. Funny, though, they all stopped sending bills and calling me about a month after I filed.

4. TO Shyguy

TO Shyguy Guest

Who do I contact to let them know to put
    "included in BK" on my credit report?

5. ShyGuy

ShyGuy Well-Known Member

To be honest, I'm having a lawyer do it. That's because someone I knew who filed BK tried to do it through the credit bureaus, who talked him into sending his bankruptcy papers to them. It's not your job to prove your debts were discharged; it's the creditors' job to report correctly.