banned

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by LKH, Feb 13, 2001.

1. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

I just wanted to let you guys know that apparently the pbm has banned my dialup from this board. I don't know if he'll ban this one also but if he does it was nice chattin with you guys. I'm not the one who should be banned. I wasn't using crude and vulgar language like some others that we know. Yes I did get into with Bobby last night but I wasn't out of control like he was. So anyways - adios.

2. Saar

Saar Banned

Would he do so without posting a message explaining how he sees things and what course of action he has taken?

LKH, you are a Reg here, and a very contributing writer. Perhaps the days of the other board (CardWeb.Com) are not over yet.

Saar

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

CARD TRAK (CARD WEB) is all about dead...30-50 posts per week???

I still check it every day...takes maybe 5 minutes???

4. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

All I know is that when i tried several times to access the board I got a "you are forbidden from entering this site" I really don't think it is deserved.

5. Saar

Saar Banned

Maybe he banned Bobby's IP (*tcsn.uswest.net) which was also your IP.

Saar

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

It is ALMOST the same address...

7. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

It may be almost the same but I guarantee you it's not exactly the same.

8. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Author: Eddie (dialupi128.tcsn.uswest.net)

Subject: RE: curiouser and curiouser
    Author: LKH (dialupj166.tcsn.uswest.net)

CLOSE, BUT NO CIGAR......

9. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

I just sent an email to the pbm explaining to him that I didn't think banning me was a fair solution to the Bobby problem. Hopefully he'll respond to me.

10. Saar

Saar Banned

Bobby's is a dialup connection. To ban him, he probably put a "*" to replace the first part of the IP (since it's a different allocation each call), but unfortunately you fit the new ban category too. Can you use your new IP from now on, so that Bobby's IP ramain banned?

Saar

11. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

RE: PBM...MISTAKE???

SEE ABOVE...

CLOSE IS ONLY GOOD IN HAND GRENADES AND HORSESHOES...

12. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

The only problem with banning the dialup is that Bobby has used different connections also. But yes, as it wasn't me he wanted banned I will continue to use this connection for the board.

13. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

George and Saar

I received a return email from the pbm and you guys were right. They were banning our friend and unfortunately I have the same dialup so I was caught in the middle. I'm not sure what the outcome will be yet.

14. <b>pbm</b>

<b>pbm</b> Guest

<b>RE: banned</b>

<HTML>Saar,

You are absolutely correct. Because it is a dynamic IP we had to ban the entire subdomain. We are currently working with LKH to find a way around this.

Sincerely,
    pbm

Creditnet.com
    </HTML>

15. on the go

on the go Well-Known Member

I hope they find a way around this problem I enjoy LKH post. Glad to hear they are doing somthing about Bobby its about time.

16. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

LKH is a good guy here on the

I am glad that arrangements to keep LKH here are happening.

Get rid of Bobby aka Eddie aka Ruth. Talk about having an identity problem.