Barnes&Noble - approved

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by curious, Apr 4, 2001.

1. curious

curious Well-Known Member

Just got off the phone with MBNA and the customer service rep that I spoke with talked to her manager, came back on the line and told me that my application was approved, but an account number hadn't been set up, that I should be receiving the card in 2 weeks. I got a $7,500 credit line! Yeah! It's my first prime card. I am so excited. I just started building credit this year, and now I will have a platinium card. All right!!

2. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Congrats!!

What are the terms?

apr.?

annual fee?

grace?

perks/discounts?

3. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Re: Congrats!!

curious,
    Congradulations!!!

Ron

4. curious

2.9% apr on balance transfers
    3.9% apr for six months
    25 day grace period
    No annual fee

5. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Wow very good terms, what card did you apply for??

Mom

6. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Duh

Barnes and Noble I see. Was this at their website??

7. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Great card curious!

Sorry for more ?'s but here goes:

What is the apr. after the first 6 months?

Where and how did you apply?

Did the lender require verification of income/employment etc.?

8. curious

Re: Great card curious!

After 6 months, it goes to 8.9%. It will raise from there if you have late payments, returned checks, negative stuff.

MBNA didn't require anything from me. A credit analyst called me and asked me a couple of questions. Simple stuff. She told me that she could see that I had just opened credit card accounts and wanted to know why. I told her that I was in college and wanted to finish before I took on any debt. She asked about my employment, told me that she would call to verify. I asked her if she wanted to talk to my manager while I had her on the phone, she said no. She never called though. She also asked about credit inquiries. I told her I was looking for a card with reasonable apr so that I could transfer balances. She told me ok, all was well.

I applied at www.barnesandnoble.com. There is a little picture of the card, click on that. I think that you can get an instant response. Don't hold me to that though, I can't remember for sure. I didn't get an instant decision, I think it was due to my limited history.

Try it and see. The credit analyst told me that they attempt to have all of their applications evaluated by a live person, so that if there are questions, they can contact you instead of just declining off the back.

Don't worry about the questions, that is how we all learn and acquire information. I am glad to help, seeing as how much info I have gotten from this site.

Let me know if you choose to apply, how things turn out.

9. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Thanks.

In my experience ( and mine only); if I get to speak to a live person - I get the account. If it's automated - No credit. So your very complete answer was appreciated.

BTW 8.9%. that is great prime credit.

10. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

Re: Thanks.

GO TO RATE IS 13.99%

11. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

Congrats to a fine offer.

Love to try this, but still have to stay on the wagon.

I think as my kids get older, I will have to teach them about the values of credit.

So drugs, sex, education and credit lessons are in order.

Best regards,
    Sam

12. miles

miles Well-Known Member

Congratulations, curious! You received great terms. Enjoy your hard work. :)

13. anne

anne Guest

I would like to have the MBNA number. I applied tonight and would like to call them. Congrats.

14. curious

To check on application status it is 1-800-789-6701. Don't push any buttons when it asks for your credit card number and you will get a live person.