Basic help needed

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Kevin, Dec 11, 2000.

1. Kevin

Kevin Guest

Hello,
    I have been looking through the posts here and had some baisc questions that I hope somoeone would take the time to respond to. I would appreciate it VERY much :)

I have several accounts that have gone from the original creditor to agency after agency. They all seem to relate back to the same debt, or the same debt with interest. The original date is from 1993. Firts, how do I get this to show that it is not four items but one. Also how do I get it off there, or which one couldc come off?

How does one dispute? Is there a form letter? What are grounds for dispute? Should one dispute all? In the above example..if I have four listings of the same debt...which do I dispute?

Are there any companies/firms who are legitimate in taking off the negative listings? Wil lthey remove negative listings such as late payments and chargeoffs? I have gotten emails from Lexington Law firm and have heard of the JUNUM.com site. Anyone use these? I am looking of course to remove all negative reporting. Can this be done?

Anyone experienced willing to look at my report to see what is what here. It is VERY confusing!

Thank you for any advice!

2. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Junum.com looks good, but to be honest, if you spend many many hours on here, you'll learn that its just as easy to repair your own credit.

Equifax.com lets you dispute stuff online. I disputed EVERYTHING on my report, and to my suprise, about 10 pieces of information i did not like, came off!

Junum.com is definitely legit, not cheap. All you have to do is get your report from the bureaus, and write a complaint dispute to the address on the reports regarding each item (preferably one per letter). Certified mail. Cost: some of your time.

Junum: $21-$31 /month plus $8 per item removed, could get expensive.

Lexington and others: Much more expensive. They might work harder, but i'd go the DO IT YOURSELF route first, unless your rich or something.

3. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

I have been with junum for 2 m

I will update the board with the results during January 2001. It is too preliminary to say anything yet as 2 of the 3 CRA's are investigating at this time. i am hopeful that Equifax will notify me that they are also investigating.

I would not recommend letting anyone on the board here review your credit report!!!!

4. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Hi Kevin,

You said these are all from 1993?? When in 93 are they from, these should be falling off your reports due to the 7 year reporting clock, being these are from 93 and if you haven't paid anything on them since 93 they would fall off your reports 7 years and 180 days from the first day of delinqueny, so you may want to wait for them to fall off on their own, with this you would notify the CRA about the 7 year reporting dates. Now if you can't wait for any reasons you can dispute the same accounts that are listed more than once as being duplicates. But I am really curious of these dates and if you paid anything after 93, if not then I would wait til they fell off, if that is not the case please let us know and we may be able to help you further.

Mom

5. Kelly

Kelly Well-Known Member

Hi Kevin,

If this is one debt being sold, over and over again, and nothing has been paid since 93, I wouldn't bother hiring anybody. I would write a dispute letter claiming that the debt(s) are obsolete and demand they be removed from your file. A good site for free information about credit issues is www.carreonandassociates.com

Good luck
    Kelly

6. Reta

Reta Guest

I recieved my credit report last year, and there was 1 item (Montgomery Wards)that was opened in 1993. This item was listed with Experian and was due to drop off in 10-2000. I pulled my report early in April 2000, and the same item now showed that the drop off date is 10-2005!. I disputed this item several times, and Expeian stated that it was a valid acct. I never disputed the acct, I disputed the amount of time it had been reporting. I kept the old report that I pulled last year. So last month I decided to call Experian and ask why the drop off date had changed for this item, and they could'nt provide an answer. Finally one of the Experian Reps asked me to fax her a copy of the old report where it showed the drop off date to be 10-200. I faxed it and she took the item off after several attempts. If you have anything on your report that you dont feel is correct- DISPUTE the HELL out of it!