Bayhouse Posting Closed

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by VJ, May 3, 2001.

1. VJ

VJ Well-Known Member

Well, maybe it isn't that great of a day.
    FRom Bayhouse;

May 2, 2001: Posting is now DISABLED.

I can no longer deal with the administration and maintenance of the forum (see can't back up or move the forum

I'm also EXTREMELY frustrated by having absolutely NOTHING accomplished after 4 years of running the forum.

While it's great to see that many people found the forum very helpful, my goal was to CHANGE the way corporate works. Instead, I merely cleaned up corporate's mess for the fortunate few who found the forum - on MY buck.

My goal was not to provide credit info to the privileged few who found BayHouse. The poor, the seniors, the working parents, they don't have the time/money/education to find BayHouse, and they are worse off now than ever.

Of course I'll leave the forum up for reading, and I'll try to organize a bit more.

I'll be very happy to contribute to any moderated forum and if there's something really good, I'll definitely put a link here.

Maybe E-loan would like to pick up the ball?

That's it for now, Christine

2. DaveyBoy

DaveyBoy Well-Known Member

Who/What is Bayhouse?

3. Concerned

Concerned Well-Known Member

That totally sucks! Christine, Shylock and some of the other posters were fantastic. Ugh. . .please don't close down Creditnet too.

4. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I agree , that board will be missed. There were very informative posters there. now mind you that board was monitored entirely different from here, but that was the main reason I liked it so much, there was no garbage, flame wars or insults allowed period, unlike this forum:(

Mom

5. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Geez, this is sad..bummer...and my day (yesterday) continues..sigh

6. godaddyo

godaddyo Well-Known Member

Christine
    I just read your the stuff on your site and it was informative and fantastic to say the least. I can definately understand your dilemna. I have ran across so much great information on the WWW. and I think that it takes all of us doing just a little to make the big difference overall. Remember that most people do searches on this type of information and they may hit a lot of different sites on this subject matter. Overall, the information that you are providing on your site is invaluable for us consumers and it makes us think. Maybe your right in trying to get someone else to join in the cost of maintence, but dont forget that your site is still 100 times more valuable than all those other "so called credit info sites". Half of the time those people are only interested in your wallet. Many sites are not nearly as proactive as your site.For example, the victims of credit reporting site has all this great info on us being victims but their is no info on fighting back. This forum seems to alleviate the victim problem and it empowers us. Keep up with your fight, I think that I am on the verge of joining you.

Godaddyo
    "Live Long And Prosper"

7. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

They are very nice words to Christine, unfortunately I doubt she will see them, but of course since you can't post at bayhouse then it needed to be posted somewhere. Christine hasn't posted here in ages, she was atttacked on a regular basis by "booby" and this board wasn't very helpful in her efforts to go after him.

8. marci

marci Well-Known Member

I will miss the posting at Bayhouse as well. I loved the discussions between Christine, Shylock, Hal, and others. I even liked Doug Pratt, if for no other reason, his posts were full of imagery. :)

The thing I appreciated most about Christine is that she responded to every legitimate request for help, whether simple or sophisticated, and if she didn't know the answers, she wasn't too proud to ask others to contribute. She <u>invited</u> discussion.

Christine was (is) all about the cause for consumer rights. She has targeted the proper "enemy" indeed.

Momof3, I know exactly what you're talking about re "no flames". The signal to noise ratio there was unparalled for a message board.

9. VJ

VJ Well-Known Member

The only thing I can think of is her posted e-mail address of;

forum@bayhouse.com

vj

10. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

I enjoyed reading the Bayhouse forum but...

It was very lightweight compared to credit net. Only a few people were regulars there. So few that I never registered to participate. Christine ought to come here and post.

11. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I guess she could now with the new format, she was however banned before and she may not want to participate.

12. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

Bayhouse is closed. Oh this stinks. It was a great board. Loved the information and Christine valuable advice. She was definitely pro-consumer and I learned a lot. It will surely be missed.

Dani

13. Kelly

Kelly Well-Known Member

I really hope she reconsiders. I know it's time consuming, but I'm really going to miss that board.

I doubt she'll post here, either :-(

Kelly