bbb & Equifax..

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by zcraws33, Sep 9, 2001.

1. zcraws33

zcraws33 Well-Known Member

I filed an online complaint with the bbb against equifax back on 8/01 on three weeks later, I received a letter from the bbb stating that EQUIFAX is unable to identify me and the bbb is asking for two copies of identification from me, to be forwarded to them (bbb) in order to investigate my complaint. First, Equifax is LYING, I have disputed items with them recently and never had a problem with being "identified". Has anyone else had any experience with this...why would the bbb want identification? I provided all of my personal information on their online complaint form.

2. bbauer

bbauer Banned

This is fairly normal with Equifax. They do that a lot as a stall tactic and to gain as much other information as they can via your utility bills, credit card statements or whatever else one might be ignorant enough to send them in reply to their demands.

You can't get around their demands entirely as you must send them copies of something to satisfy them or they will simply ignore you.

Here is what I do.
    DRIVERS LICENSE & SSN INFO PACKAGE FOR EQUIFAX AND OTHER CREDIT BUREAUS

PROOF OF RESIDENCY INFO PACKAGE FOR EQUIFAX AND OTHER CREDIT BUREAUS

I'm quite sure that a notary public statement will do just as well as an attorney's letter, it's just that I pay the attorney anyway, so I use him.