be aware when disputing inquiries

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by MT, Jul 14, 2001.

1. MT

MT Well-Known Member

Experian

2. MT

MT Well-Known Member

Since I am having trouble posting, I have asked PBM to post my message concerning the subject above. Anything more than a few sentences does not post for me (and results in a host not found timeout error).

3. bbauer

bbauer Banned

That almost sounds like a problem with your ISP.
    They may be timing out on you.
    There are other possibilities, but that's what comes off the top of my head at the moment.

One way around that is to figure out how much time you have before it goes dead on you

Then do a couple of sentences and post it, then hit the edit button and add a couple more and so on. Once you learn how much time you have before the timeout hits you, you can time it pretty well and get your entire post up that way.

It's a pain doing it that way, but it can be done.

You gotta do what you gotta do.

4. Saar

Saar Banned

Re: be aware when disputing inquiri

In the meanwhile you can post an "executive summary" of what you wanted to say.

Saar

5. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

I know..I want to know what the message was..!

6. MT

MT Well-Known Member

I had very good look disputing inquiries with Equifax, they just took them off no questions asked. TransUnion - same story as the rest of you - rec'd the "permissible purpose" letter.

Experian -- disputed some inquiries --
    one inquiry I actually had a card for and Experian sent a letter to the creditor informing them of "fraud." The creditor sent me a letter stating
    that all account information has been removed from Experian, Equifax and TransUnion due to fraud.

continued on next post.

7. MT

MT Well-Known Member

I called the credit and was like, wtf (what the
    heck)? At first, I could not figure out why Experian did this, but then remembered that I had disputed an inquiry for this exact company.
    Anyway, my card cannot be reinstated because it was closed under a fraud notice (or something), but I can get another account (new number and info) if I want.
    I am very annoyed by this -- there could be other reasons for hard inquiries
    on a credit report besides FRAUD! Anyway, just thought I would share.

8. MT

MT Well-Known Member

I had to post this in chunks to make it work. Sorry if it is difficult to read (or understand). t

9. Saar

Saar Banned

I can't believe they're so full of it.

Who was the creditor?

Saar

10. MT

MT Well-Known Member

Chevron.

11. Saar

Saar Banned

Well, look at the bright side. If anyone has a negative Chevron tradeline showing on one's Experian report, this could be another way of making it disappear :)

Saar

12. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Saar:

Seems like it, don't it?

Question is, how did the fraud thing get there in the first place? How did it get started?
    I'm sure he will come in and answer that one too.

Not sure if he is having ISP problems or browser problems or what. Hope he figures it out.

Good thinking on your part.

13. MT

MT Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how it was stated as fraud. I did an online dispute with Experian and the option was something like, "no knowledge of inquiry." I don't think I'm having problems with my ISP, just can't post long messages (annoying).

Saar -- good idea! (too bad mine was perfect, well, never used anyway).

14. Saar

Saar Banned

Have you disputed w/ them INQ's by other lenders you have accounts with, successfully?

Saar

15. MT

MT Well-Known Member

I checked the online dispute and all other inquiry disputes are still pending. I'll post again if I'm successful with any others. I don't think I have cards for any of the other inquiries.