becoming an AU suggestions...

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by making, Jul 23, 2001.

1. making

making Well-Known Member

ok, so in light of marie's post...

what are people's opinions on whether it is worth it or not to become an AU?

On a separate issue, any opinion on whether the multi-tiering is just for mortgage report(and not FICO scores) or it is for both.

my situation:
    7 months post bk 7
    capone 500, fcnb 600, orchard cards 1700. Now I think I want to cancel orchard but the limit is so much higher. Also Nissan loan like 20 months old.

I can become an AU for BofA and Amex Blue. Plus I'd feel better wiping out either of those instead of FCNB at the grocery store and what not. BUT if it will hurt me I dont see the point.

2. the other

the other Well-Known Member

I know being an AU helped both of my sisters jump start their credit.

My one sister got a providian (the one with the fees and real low limit) and was added as an AU on my blue card. About 6 months later she got Citibank with a decent limit and decent apr.

My other sister I added to my Blue as soon as she turned 18. About 2-3 months later she got a Sears card.

3. OtherTerri

OtherTerri Well-Known Member

does anyone have an answer for this?

Thanks!!

Also, where isl the "tier" listed? I cannot find it on my TU, but I think I found it on my tri-merge. Does that mean it is only for mortgage reports?

Thanks!!

4. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

Terri,

The tiered accounts are only on the tri-merged report that the mortgage broker pulls. I'm not sure even if the tiering means anything. It didn't seem to affect my FICO score and the broker didn't say anything about it. Next time I see her I'm going to ask and see what she says.

Dani

5. OtherTerri

OtherTerri Well-Known Member

Thanks, Dani.
    I think I found them...
    Are they the little numbers before the account name?