Believe it or not, I am going

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by CiRcUs-FrE, Oct 4, 2000.

1. CiRcUs-FrE

CiRcUs-FrE Guest

I know a lot of people out here think I am CrAzY for doing this, but I am going to give CCB another chance. My credit is way less than perfect, such as having way more than 10 sub-prime credit cards in my wallet. All with very low limits. CCB is my highest limit of 1550.00 and I want to work on that to get it to 5000.00 and keep it for a while, pay off all those other crappy sub prime cards I have and then use my one card to prove to all these creditors that I am worthy of a 5000.00 limit on a prime or low sub prime card. And maybe get that impressive (sarcasm) SILVER PREFERED! I have ALL my bases covered for no late payments. All my overnight stuff, my Western Union info, Even paying Western Union with my check card, and all that crazy stuff. My goal in life is to have a descent credit hisory and get everything on it fixed! And that even includes having CCB as my ONLY active card.

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: Believe it or not, I am go

Did you try Citibank Aadvantage card?

3. Hubert X

Hubert X Guest

Since you work at CCB, it must be very convenient to make your payments, Other people are not so fortunate.

4. CiRcUs-FrE

CiRcUs-FrE Guest

I do not work at CCB. I have had their card the longest and that is why I think I should hold onto t until I have everything straightened out.

5. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I am confused too CF.....H-X receiver is off the hook. lol

6. CiRcUs-FrE

CiRcUs-FrE Guest

How easy is it to get?

7. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Well, where have you been man. If you havenot had any lates in the last 6 months and a few good tradelines for a year, no bk, you might be in. let me know and I will refer u to the site.

8. BOB

BOB Guest

Everyone at one time or another makes a major mistake. I wish you luck CF, in the long run you will need it!!

9. CiRcUs-FrE

CiRcUs-FrE Guest

I have a reputation of taking a lot of chances. And this is one of my biggest chance to take. To me.. It is a challenge. I will go out of my way to making frequent trips to the Western Union, to Making Overnight Payments that require a signature, to pay by internet. (I hae a seperate checking account that I EXCLUSIVELY use for CCB so if they try to take something out of it, I really don't care) I think of it as a quest to get my card down to a zero balance with putting every obsticle in front of me. Such as Perferred Savings Club Debit (So I can get my limit Raised) I have set a CrAzY Goal on myself and that is to have the Full 5K Limit by December 31st 2001.

10. miles

miles Well-Known Member

As much time as you have wasted with Cross Country Bank, you could have had a Providian card for the same amount of time & would have had or be close to a 5k limit (if you are taking care of your credit).

11. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I agree.

I agree with Miles, Freak.
    I have my card with providian since May and have $1,300 credit line by playing their little game. If I accept their last offer it will be 2,300 in only 4-5 months. I started at $500. And I am due for an increase next month. I am also serious about the Citibank card too.

12. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

The Firey Pit of Hell.....

Well, I totally see where your coming from and if you want to through yourself in the firey pit of hell with the Anti-Christ (CCB) then so be it. I'll stand behind you (with a fire blanket as a coat!).

It's natural that you would feel this way about CCB. You've invested so much time, etc. I think that is why they still have the customers that they do. The time investment factor plays a major roll. They're still the Anti-Christ though....

Well CF, you have my support. Just keep everyone here posted on your progress weather it's good or bad.

13. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Wish I could spell....

Firey = Fiery

:-(

I'm known for things other than my spelling!

14. bg

bg Guest

RE: Wish I could spell....

CF, the way to go is Providian, In 18 months I went from $500 to $6500 in credit limit.
    I know you have alot of time invested in CCB.
    But is it really worth all that time and energy just to prove you can beat CCB and their crooked ways. You could have a higher limit with Providian in the same time frame
    and no headaches. This is just a thought on
    my part. Good Luck no matter what you do!

15. Len

Len Guest

Not only that, bg, but CCB charges $100 for every $350 increase, even after you achieve the exalted Silver Preferred status. That ends up a substantial investment in that Cross Country card and money better used with an honest, reputable outfit. Once CCB starts screwing you, that money is lost (along with your peace of mind and sanity) because you'll want out as fast as possible.
    With the high interest, late fees, long distance bills, on top of the charges for increases (and pain and suffering), Cross Country is a very, very expensive card to have with a very, very dishonest "bank."

16. CiRcUs-FrE

CiRcUs-FrE Guest

Yeah.. But CCB is more of a challenge. I am always looking for a challenge. miles wrote:-------------------------------As much time as you have wasted with Cross Country Bank, you could have had a Providian card for the same amount of time & would have had or be close to a 5k limit (if you are taking care of your credit).

17. CiRcUs-FrE

CiRcUs-FrE Guest

RE: The Firey Pit of Hell.....

Just went to the post office today and sent CCB a 25 dollar money order. So I am on my way :)

18. CiRcUs-FrE

CiRcUs-FrE Guest

I got everything covered from sending overnight money orders at the post office with signature required with a guaranteed delivery date and if all else fails, you have quick collect. And that never gets lost. Of course there is an 119.5 charge and an Applied card systems charge of 2 dollers... but it all good.

19. miles

miles Well-Known Member

I agree with you Len. I had an account with Cross Country Bank and when I closed it, I wrote a letter and explained all the reasons why I was closing my account. All the issues you pointed out was included in my letter. It is ridiculous to pay $100 for a limit increase of $300-500, long distance charges to reach customer service & most of all to pay them for making an ACH payment over the net (which I never did). It's just too much to take.
    CiRcUs-FrEaK, you need to leave them alone! Even though I did not have any major problems with them, they never rewarded me for my perfect payment history inside & outside of the company. I NEVER received any upgrade offers or free line increases ( I refused to pay) and I was a customer for over 3 shameful years! In essence, it is not a challenge if you will receive nothing anyway. Good luck though!

20. CiRcUs-FrE

CiRcUs-FrE Guest

Very simple to avoid Long Distance Charges. 1-800-728-9355... The over the net payments I never do unless I am going to be late. Normally I do money orders. Because I like stuff to be guaranteed. But I will get rid of the card as soon as a better offer comes up.