Best Buy Credit card

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by redneckoki, Jun 10, 2000.

1. redneckoki

redneckoki Guest

I was wondering how this is<I am not complaining mind you>...I couldn't get any credit at all. Then I received an Associates Visa, two days later I went into Best Buy and applied for a credit card and was approved for $1000. I've tried Circuit City and other places and have been turned down.

Is Best Buy credit through FirstUSA? When you apply for the BB credit they have a place you can apply for a FirstUSA card too.
    I did. Any ideas on the chances of me getting a FirstUSA card?

Thanks, Gary

2. David D

David D Guest

No, The Best Buy card is issued through Household Bank. I believe First USA is issued through Bank One. I am not too sure how difficult obtaining credit through Bank One is for those with a blemished credit record, but I do know someone many years ago who obtained a First USA (then First Card) as her first credit card.

3. LadyCarr

LadyCarr Guest

The Best Buy card is mainly issued from Household Bank, but Bank One also issues the Best Buy card. I wouldn't count on First Usa approving you for an account because you were able to obtain the Best Buy card, but then again I could be wrong, because everyones credit is different. Don't be discouraged because Circuit City turned you down, I think they are a hard card to obtain.

4. D. Blundel

D. Blundel Guest

Unless you like being screwed, don't deal with First USA. I had their stinking Mastercard for over ten years, then they decided (once the balance reached 10K) to raise the interest rate to over 26%.