Best Buy question

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Safyre, Oct 19, 2001.

1. Safyre

Safyre Well-Known Member

How is Best Buy about granting credit? I have a couple of paid collections (and one upaid for $200 on my epuifax) All of these are over five years old. I have 4 good trade lines.

On the same lines, how about Lowes as well?
    I really need to get a retail line in there somewhere!

Thanks,

Saf

2. sam

sam Well-Known Member

denied same month i got $10K in citibank cards.

Get a target card (600+ score) easy.

3. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

Best Buy used to be Beneficial. Beneficial was bought by Household in 1998 or 1999. I used to have this card and was initially denied back in 1996. At that time you could call and get a supervisor over-ride. Don't know if Household will do that.

Lowes is Monogram bank. Our account was a pre-approved solicitation. I think they used to do manual over-rides as well.

It seems Target is the easiest retail card to get so if you just need any retail card, try with them.

4. Safyre

Safyre Well-Known Member

Thanks!!

5. eman

eman Well-Known Member

I was recently approved with Best Buy. I have no negatives and 4 positive trade lines with the oldest being 18 months. I'm pretty sure they pulled Equifax. The only thing is, I might have had one to many inquiries when I applied. Every one I go for always pulls Equifax. The credit limit I got was is the average of the 4 accounts plus $100.

I was denied back when they were with Beneficial when I had little or no credit. I think Houshold is a little easier than they were. The only question I have is if they have online access which I suspect they don't because I can't seem to find it on Houshold's or Best Buy's website. I would really hate to mail a check for my payment. I wish they would get with the times.

6. eman

eman Well-Known Member

Household

Sorry, I forgot the E.