Best Cards for Limit Increases

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by nickpaige, Jun 23, 2003.

1. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

"HARD"

Sometimes you can get a "PRE-APPROVED" one if you do it with a BT...

"I could do MORE if the credit limit was increased"

2. Platinum

Platinum Well-Known Member

I never bothered to ask Discover for an increase...
    They suck anyway with their 2 cycle billing method and high APR's. They approved me last summer for $7500 initially. I dumped them this summer.

3. laurie33

laurie33 Well-Known Member

Does Discover always do 2 cycle billing? I don't think ours is. How would I figure that out? I usually read the terms before applying for anything and 2-cycle tells me it's a no-no so I can't imagine I would have agreed to that. We recently paid it off with a BT to USBank card and if it were 2 cycle we would have had to pay something the month after paying it off right?

Edit: Nevermind. I logged onto my account and checked it. It is 2-cycle. Grrrr.... Thank goodness I got the US Bank 0% BT for a year. No wonder those Discover payments never made much of a dent.

4. blackie

blackie Well-Known Member

I agree. So what if you get an occasional hard inquiry? As long as you manage the hards sensibly, you can skip right to the chase and won't have to wait 10 years to get the credit limit you want with those ridiculous incremental increases.

Citibank (nice & easy)
    MBNA (nice & easy)
    Chase (extracting teeth without novocaine)
    $25k@ (priceless)

5. Amy B

Amy B Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Best Cards for Limit Increases

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

BUT...it is so much MORE FUN to see what you can get WITH-OUT a "HARD"

If I get a "HARD" I say it COST me 7 points...THE COST IS WHAT I DON'T WANT TO HAVE!!!

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

"IF" HARDS WERE NOT SO COSTLY...I WOULD NOT CARE!!!

But once you get 2...the 3rd one can mean AUTOMATIC DENIAL!!!

Even if you have income >$100,000 and 20+ years of PERFECT CREDIT HISTORY...STILL DENIED

8. laurie33

laurie33 Well-Known Member

Anybody have experience with Target Visa and limit increases? We've had it over a year and got one auto $100 increase. Yay. But I don't want any more hard inquiries either.

How about GM card? Just curious.

9. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Best Cards for Limit Increases

TARGET VISA +$500
    WIFE'S TARGET VISA +$0

CARD SINCE 12/2001

Last time I called they gave me SOME SCAM ABOUT COMPUTER GENERATED INCREASES EVERY 6 MONTHS!!!

NOBODY here has seen one!!!

10. Platinum

Platinum Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Best Cards for Limit Increases

Hi Amy...good to see you...

The list doesn't go on...that's it...
    I closed Discover, Fleet, Capital One...they were not good enough...

I've got mine "TOP-5" and I'll stick with them...

11. nickpaige

nickpaige Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Best Cards for Limit Increases

Citi wants to pull a soft for a CLI - even after I've been with them for 7yrs - for only 3K!

BankOne wants a hard.

BofA wants a hard.

Cap1 wants 3 hards.

Plus, once they tell you they can't do an automatic CLI - they then try to SELL you on PG or some other service. It's unreal. If I take the service, can I get my CLI???

12. rocket1977

rocket1977 Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Best Cards for Limit Increases

It must be a right-wing facist conspiracy against Georger. Noone will give him a CL increase ;o)

13. 8004me

8004me Well-Known Member

I got an insulting credit line from Target Visa about 6 months ago they would not raise it at activation so I used it once and has sit ever since in the sock drawer.
    I also have GM card and they would not raise at activation, took advantage of the 0% but have not called them or used it recently.
    The other side is I got a nice increase at activation on the Corvette card. good increases with Chase and while it's hard to say Cap1's No hassle card.
    My Bofa said have to wait 9 months, and that reminds me maybe I should call GM and Target, has been over 6 months since I called them.