Best Citi Card & Why?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by AnnMarie, Mar 15, 2001.

1. AnnMarie

AnnMarie Well-Known Member

I'd like to hear your opinions and thoughts on this one...a kind of informal poll, if you will.
    Sharing the great knowledge that is accumulated here :)

AnnMarie

2. SEAN

SEAN Well-Known Member

AnnMarie,

I carry the Citibank Dividend Platinum Select. Low apr, nice credit line ($10,000), and good customer service. I have never had a problem with the Citi.

Sean

3. mj

mj Well-Known Member

Citibank Diners Club -- it's not revolving (unless you have Club Plus) and it isn't accepted everywhere (mostly travel, entertainment, restaurants, and overseas), BUT...

It has the best rewards (miles, points) program out there, primary rental car insurance (you don't have to hit-up your personal insurance as with EVERY other card-sponsored insurance program), and customer service that is on a par (I'd say even a notch better) than Amex.

If you travel a lot - this a great card.

4. sam

sam Well-Known Member

citibank platinum select for carrying balances, good low rates, no annual fee. No rewards. It is the lowest APR card they offer. The affinity cards are as high as 5-8% more. Then again, if you are looking for rewards, you should NEVER carry a balance on the card.

5. mj

mj Well-Known Member

---I forgot to add, Diners gives you 2 statement cycles - 62 days - to pay and it's not considered late (internally or externally). That can be a great help when traveling, if you're forgetful, or if you just like the idea of "free money" for 2 months.

6. dave

dave Well-Known Member

platinum select for its great 2.9 teaser rate and carrying a balance after that but citibank aadvantage is better for everyday charging--and miles--as long as you pay it off each month due to its high APR.