Best Credit Event in Yr 2000?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by dogman, Dec 23, 2000.

1. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Hi all - again - I hope everyone who sees this has a really nice holiday season. :)

Thinking back over the improvement in my credit over the last yr, the BEST EXPERIENCE was talking to AMEX, paying off an old debt from 20 yrs ago due to them, having them help
    me improve my credit rating, THEN of course -
    The day they issued me the Green Card.

The world's most prestigious credit card company in the world approved me for their no preset limit card - and overlooked my past terrible credit history.

My credit life after the Chap 13 is nearly completely normal now that AMEX PEOPLE helped me.

I pull out the Personal Card and everyone always shows that " VERY OBVIOUS extra degree of respect" because you pay with AMEX. It beats a Platinum Visa every time - because - the person who pulls out the AMEX Charge Card can afford whatever he or she is buying. For those that carry ANY AMEX Card, or AMEX Revolving Cards, the Cradholder is respected.

When the new Secured AMEX finally arrives, people using that Card get instant, magic respect! AMEX I like - can you tell?
    My Amex Relationship is the most valuable business relationship I have. AND, I now use Membership Banking AS WELL. I will use their brokerage in the future.

I depend on and use the Visa and the MC less and less. Amazing that, after AMEX, I never worry if a Cap One or Providian will "raise my limit." Stay in the drawer almighty dog cards!

WHAT WAS YOUR BEST CREDIT EXPERIENCE FOR 2000? GO ON - REPLY AND START THE POSTS :)

Merry Christmas all! Dogman

2. Sister Gir

Sister Gir Guest

RE: Best Credit Event in Yr 20

You are so very correct about the prestige that this card emits; I have been a cardholder since 6/99 & was the most PLEASANT surprise when they offered it "Pre-Approved". It has been a long time saving my credit from a divorce that left me "holding the bag",but I thank the LORD for everything that he has done.Believe me,I was in a very UGLY financial situation,& relied on credit cards to sometimes get me from one extreme to the next(but I just did the RIGHT thing & paid everyone when the bills came & would sometimes sit at home broke,but everything paid....& always HAPPY).

I can't say for everyone that credit cards have been a blessing or a curse,but for me they helped me rather than bringing friends/relatives into my personal matters.

Happy Holidays !

Sister Girl

3. Kevin Yaeg

Kevin Yaeg Guest

I am curious when you filed Chapter 13 and how soon after then AMEX issue you the green card?

4. sam

sam Well-Known Member

RE: no amex but..

I started Re-building my horrible credit in april. I went from $0 to $5800 in revolving lines with a lot of luck and effort :)

Next year, cleaning up the credit reports, and keeping my lines under control :)

Cheers ! Merry xmas

5. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Hey Dog

Well I don't have any major credit success in this fine year, but the best for me was getting my late day removed, may seem minor to some but with this being my only negative it felt so good to finally get it removed. I am hoping that 2001 will be my year, by then my tradelines will reach the 2 year mark, and hopefully by greatest moment will be getting the keys to my first home. I have learned so much on these boards and have meet many wonderful people. I will continue to post here and know that all of us will have success with our credit battles.

Happy holidays to you Dogman and to all, let's hope next year brings all of us what we need and have earned:)

6. Killer

Killer Guest

My best experience was getting a car loan after repo! The interest rate was 16%. I thought I would have to pay 20% or higher! The good part about it is who loan is from... Not some rip-off finance company but Wells Fargo! Next year I can re-finance hopefully at less than 10%. Oh yea I know the following news isn't directly related to credit but it's going help me get my credit together. I just learned that I've been promoted! I will be making more money! YIPPEEEE!

7. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

I just refinanced my car with Wells Fargo last month. Lowered the interest, kept the payments the same and cut my payments by 6 months. I think my biggest achievment was getting that stupid chapter 13 bk removed from my credit reports along with some other derogatories. I'm looking forward to getting a few other derogs removed and moving from the subprime to the prime market in 2001. Good luck and happy holidays to everyone!

8. Kevin Yaeg

Kevin Yaeg Guest

My best achievements in 2000 was getting from 40 derogitories down to 3 derogitories appearing on my credit.

I made deals with each creditor 'If you wanna get paid then you need to remove the charge off' Not all the 40 items were credit cards. Alot of collection accounts for charge off's. I probably had 18-20 accounts but not all were personal. I had a lot of business credit too.

I use to have AAA credit with a credit score of over 800. I never had a problem being approved for credit. I walked into BMW and leased a brand new M3 Convertibile through BMW Financial Services with zero down. That's a $60K car. My money factor rate was comparible to 5% interest annually.

I expect to be back up there in 2-3 years.

I opened 8 secured cards this year. Cleaned up a lot of my credit. Now I am opening up a secured line of credit with Wells Fargo for $100K and a Secured line of Credit with Citibank for the same. I have huge plans for my credit.

If anyone wants or needs help in establishing good credit I can give some good pointers.

Merry Christmas! (I got what I wanted for Christmas!) Good credit!

9. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

I am proud to report that CreditWorks reached the $1,000,000 level in loans paid. We did fall short of our goal of 2 million by the year 2000, but are hopeful of bigger and better things in the future.

We want to wish all the posters a very prosperous new year and true new millennium.

http://www.creditsense.com

10. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Congrats on all fronts, K :)
    Dog

11. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

what a great great achievement !! CYA - Dog

12. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Congrats CS! Again, I will be snapping you in a few weeks when new money gets here for 2001.

Dog

13. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Thanks Dogman. But, it's just the beginnig. I have a ways to go. My scores are now around 620+ (approx). Not impressive, but an improvement. I am hoping that Santa brings me an AmEx card next Xmas.

14. dave

dave Well-Known Member

My last derogatory will fall off in January. I received my first prime credit from citibank and mbna and my total credit lines increased from 19K to 42K. Interest rates are much better now than than a year ago.

Happy holidays to everyone.

15. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Merry Christmas Mom

Hope the little ones and the other "big" one and yourself have a great Christmas!

16. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

RE: Merry Christmas Mom

Thanks Dogman, you too:) And have a great New Year.

Mom