Best Way To Dispute Online

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by champion2b, Jun 25, 2001.

1. champion2b

champion2b Member

New to site; great information. 2 questions.

What is the best way to dispute a paid collection online if the collection shows up as unpaid and you want to get it entirely removed? (I have paid this account in full, this is not my account or this account was paid in full before going to a collection agency.)

How reliable is the credit report (trans union) from worthknowing.com? I recently applied for a car loan and the report shows 23 queries from the same creditor on the same day. Can I dispute this with trans union using the report from worthknowing.com? Any advice appreciated.

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

NOT~WORTHKNOWING is worth what you paid for it...($0.00).

It is just something to go by...

Multiple inquiries from car dealers and mortgage companies in a short period of time are supposed to be coded special (ALL = ONE "HARD" INQUIRY).

WOULDN'T HURT TO DISPUTE THEM ALL...(HARD INQUIRIES HURT)

3. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

I'll say this much:

I have paid this account in full = If they investigate and they don't respond, they'll update your report to paid in full zero balance.

Not Mine = If they investigate and they don't respond, then it gets deleted.

Paid in full before going to collections = If they investigate and don't respond, then it gets deleted.

So you tell me??? Worse case scenerio is that it comes back verified and updated to paid. I guess a paid collection always looks better than an unpaid collection. Now as far as your score is concerned, I'm not quite sure if a paid collection raises your score or not. I'm under the impression that it doesn't. I think that's what the whole argument is all about....why pay a collection if it's not going to change your score?? That's why people negotiate for deletion.