BEST/WORST

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Veterinari, Jul 28, 2000.

1. Veterinari

Veterinari Guest

The BEST place to have a goodtime in California is at Fannie Mae's Spa and Thigh
    Reduction Center on Sepulveda in LA.

The WORST credit card is the First USA visa.

2. pat mcgarr

pat mcgarr Guest

Fleet Bank is the worst card, even worse than any sub prime lender!

3. Doris K.

Doris K. Well-Known Member

I agree that any card from First USA is the worst prime product. The lowest of the lows in sub-prime hell is Cross Country Bank.

The best prime card, in my opinion, is the Capital One Platinum. The best sub-prime product has to be the Orchard Bank Mastercard.

4. BarryN- Cr

BarryN- Cr Guest

It is interesting to observe the cross section of opinions here.

My best has been Providian
    Worst has been CCB/1st prem/orchard (in that order)

This is all based on equal terms basically, and limit increases is the difference.

Peace,

BarryN

ps. Pat, I enjoy your posts, keep it up.

5. Saar

Saar Banned

"Worst has been CCB/1st prem/orchard (in that order)"

Sure you want to put Orchard in the same department with CCB?

What's wrong with them anyway - other than a little higher setup fees, they seem ok: monthly reports to the bureaus, online pay option, etc.

If you're using them for building credit alone, and pay off all/most of the balance, they're no less than the average sub prime card. Some say a lot better.

Saar

6. BarryN- Cr

BarryN- Cr Guest

Claryfication

Saar,

I have no problem with them (Orchard), other than they are too conservative in limits. I have had it since 98 and still have a limit of 500 dollars. CCB had me up to 2k in less than a year and a half. And by the way... CCB does report too. In fact, most computers doing the credit score factoring are not looking at the name of the card issuers to determine a score. I have had no problems with CCB other than their reputation. And I feel Orchard and 1st Premiere are not "long term" credit builders since they do not really give you any spending power. 500 limits in my opinion are not useful after 2 years in the process. "What are you proving to a lender? That you can handle a 500 loan?". In the beginning of the credit restoration it was a blessing and that was my point.

The bottom line in my experience is not the number of sub-prime lines of credit you can aquire, but rather the effort to get derogatory information off your reports. Be it negotiation, disputes, or legal action. This is what has made the difference for me and others. One can complain all day about the sub-prime world, but if you do not stay persistant in reparing your various reports condition, then all the 500 credit limits you can muster will not help.

Peace,

BarryN

Saar wrote:
    -------------------------------
    "Worst has been CCB/1st prem/orchard (in that order)"

Sure you want to put Orchard in the same department with CCB?

What's wrong with them anyway - other than a little higher setup fees, they seem ok: monthly reports to the bureaus, online pay option, etc.

If you're using them for building credit alone, and pay off all/most of the balance, they're no less than the average sub prime card. Some say a lot better.

Saar

7. BOB

BOB Guest

I know Providian has a higher rate than some,
    but since the prime has been going up their not that much higher anymore. So in my opinion their the best sub-prime because of
    the way they give increases and as Barry said all the $500 limit cards in the world are not going to help. As far as the worst
    I think it is safe to say that most everyone
    (not all) would choose CROOKS COUNTRY BANK
    hands down. The posts concerning them on this board alone will prove that. As prime goes I like Capitol-one, some don't but I've had no trouble with them.

8. Stormie

Stormie Guest

I agree, I have no problems with my capital one platinum card at all, I have always recieved excellent customer service and prompt posting of my payments. I really love MBNA too. There are many great banks out there, it's just the bad ones that make us question their practices more. Definately stay away from cross country bank, there is tons of posts here to read , they stink to say the least. I also think that Discover and American Express should be included in Best Prime cards.

9. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

An interesting point about AmEx: their PLATINUM Optima card has a variable rate which is now 17.49%. Where does Prime end
    and sub-prime begin?

10. persia

persia Guest

World's Worst Nightmare;FIRST USABANK was paid in full by a BALANCE transfer to National City on two accts M/C & Visa Total:$2,300. For the NEXT 5 months FIRST USA FAILED TO CREDIT/CLOSE OUT ACCTS. BUT...DOUBLED THE DEBT BY DEBITING ACCT. ADDING FINANCE CHARGES, LATE FEES...WHO REGULATES BANKING NIGHTMARES?

11. BarryN- Cr

BarryN- Cr Guest

RichGuy,

Good question. Let's ask Al Greenspan!

Peace,

BarryN

RichGuy wrote:
    -------------------------------
    An interesting point about AmEx: their PLATINUM Optima card has a variable rate which is now 17.49%. Where does Prime end
    and sub-prime begin?