Beware BankOne Cardholders!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Ron, Sep 27, 2003.

1. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

My brother has BankOne Cash Rewards Platinum Visa with $13000 credit limit. He owe $5000 for the computer purchase and he paid down to $1705 over a year. He let them to make interest and they still unhapply to shrink down his credit limit. He found out that his Platinum Visa CL has been shrunk from $13000 to $2500. I told him either he sold his computer or do BT to pay them back and close the account. I thought that they only did to me (close all my accounts when I paid it off monthly and on time. I have their first First USA credit card ever since 98 and payment history doesn't mean anything. My brother carries balances every month over a year and let me make interest off him and they still shrink his credit line. Both of us has perfect credit history. BankOne did it both of us and they can do it to you. Stay way from BankOne and go to apply for some other bank. They didn't appreciate your business.
    Nobody shrink my brother's credit limit ever since except BankOne.

Ron.

2. RichGuy

RichGuy Well-Known Member

Closing your accounts after five years of perfect payment history!!!

That's brutal.

3. jrjr37

jrjr37 Well-Known Member

Is this happening to other BankOne customers on the board?

4. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

jrjr37,

I don't know it happened to the other people and it has happened to my brother and me. Either you paid it off or carry balance, they don't wnat your bussiness. Whether they closed your account or shrink or not, you called their automated system to find out. If they closed your account, the automated system won't give you the available credit.

Ron.

5. snakeman

snakeman Well-Known Member

Just out of curiosity, what happens if they close your account and you owe them still? Would they close it?

SnakeMan

6. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Beware BankOne Cardholders!!!!!!!!!

Snakeman,

I still owe them and need to pay the entire balance after they close the account. It doesn't matter whether the account(s) have balances or not , they still closed your accounts.

Ron.

7. willgator

willgator Well-Known Member

Ron it's a shame what has happened to you with bank one and since I'm in the same boat with you .. I will let you know if anything happens with my account....

8. Peachkiwi

Peachkiwi Well-Known Member

I currently hold a Bank One Gold credit card (former Wachovia) and I don't carry a balance on this card. So far I haven't experienced any of the above problems, but I won't be holding my breath because I've read on another forum (one individuai) that there were a repricing of credit card terms affecting former Wachovia accounts holder.

9. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

willgator and Peachkiwi,

I think youhad better keep an eye on the account and may they don't do it to you. Who knows they're going to do it in the future? They don't care how many years you have accounts with them and payment history. They may close your account or reduced credit limit of the card.

Ron.

10. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

My BANK ONE VISA is $60.00 and I use it a lot...no problems EXCEPT...when I asked about a credit limit increase (AFTER 15 MONTHS)...ANSWER---->WHEN WE FEEL LIKE IT OR WHEN THE COMPUTER FEELS LIKE IT...OR YOU CAN APPLY FOR ONE (HARD)...

11. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

George,

No limit increase!!!! Go to get some other bank cards.

Ron.

12. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

I have two BankOne (FirstUSA) accounts. They do periodic limit increases, but I can't determine a definite interval, so GEORGE is probably right--when they feel like it.

One carries a balance, one I pay every month. I sure hope they don't close them!

Any insight into what bank the cards originally came from? Someone mentioned Wachovia, mine were FirstUSA.

What about yours, Ron? Were yours originally BankOne or were they another bank that was bought by BankOne?

13. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Mine is UNITED VISA so I MUST PAY IN FULL!!!

14. Brad J

Brad J Well-Known Member

Can one get the United VISA with an 8 year old BK?.

15. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

TRY IT YOU HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE EXCEPT 7 F.I.C.O. POINTS

EVERYTHING TO GAIN INCLUDING 15,000 UNITED MILES...

16. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

One of mine is also the United Mileage Plus Visa. That's the one I pay off every month.

17. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

MAYBE NOT...

Yes, My credit history is clear of bankruptcy.

Yes, My credit history is clear of seriously delinquent accounts.

Yes, I have NOT been denied credit by Bank One or First USA Bank within the last 6 months.

STUPID---->"IF" you have been denied for ANY REASON...(in the past 6 months)

On the PLUS SIDE...TOTAL H/H INCOME!!!

18. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Hedwig,

All my closed account is orginally came from First USA and BankOne.

Ron.