Beware CRAs delete intentionally!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Cyprigirl, Aug 5, 2001.

1. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

The more I have read on this board. The more I am convinced that the CRAS are deleting positive info to frustrate us credir repairs folks.

I did my first dispute in may at EQ and everything was fine, then i did a couple more disputes and in my last investigation and when i received my updated report half of my positive accounts were missing. But the positive still sat on the file. In the accounts left were mostly new ones, which we know negatively impacts the score.

Then I thought maybe they had a clitch in the system, but then I had the same problem with Trans Union.

If others are having the same problem, I seriously believe there is a pattern of abuse and the FTC needs to know about this problem. Further, I contacted the creditor to find out if they had pulled my accounts from the CRAS and soo far none of them requested deletion from credit report.

I brought this to EQ attention and they told me that the creditors may have pulled the accounts because they just don't delete unless instructed by the creditor.
    She refused to admit that they had screwed up.

What do you guys think?

Cypri:)

2. Mist

Mist Well-Known Member

Cypri,
    I think you are right about this being intentional. I had three positive tradelines deleted thus far and have only been able to get one put back on (an account that is open and active) by the creditor.

The one's that were older and paid I'm having more difficulty getting put back on.

Of the ones deleted from my profiles, one was a mortgage, two were installment loans from automobile purchases, and one was a revolving credit card account. They were likely the very best positive tradelines I had.

All of these were deleted around the time a creditor who had reported erroneous lates sent them a letter to remove the lates. Not only did they do that but they deleted that whole whole tradeline, too. So I had 5 deleted, really, since this was a negative that then would have been turned into a positive!

3. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

yep. I tried to update a 16k balance to 0 and they deleted the whole thing. Since the account had at one time been negative I dropped it because I didn't want the reinsertion to include the old neg stuff.

I do think it's interesting that if you dispute a positive tradeline as "not mine" it goes... but if you dispute a negative tradeline it almost always stays.

I put a consumer statement in the report last time "Do not confuse with consumers of similar identity; verify all identifying information".

I did that for my creditors, and to strengthen my case against the cras.

4. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Absolutely!! I have a tradeline that mysteriously gets disputed every so often, say every couple of months. I'm not doing it but there it is...in my case, they aren't deleting it, but changing it to a negative...then I have to fix it and it will be fine for a month, then all of sudden go to investigation status!
    Good point!

5. Cyprigirl

Actually I am not even disputing the positives, they just simply disappeared. I remember someone mentioning that problem with Junum. It is the CRAs.

They are deleting items that are not being disputed at all. They are suspiciously deleting the older positive accounts. Something is fishy about this and this has happened with both EQ and TU. EX I have not had that problem. But I am very leery of the other two.

6. Mist

Mist Well-Known Member

Cypri,
    When everyone was complaining about Junum I posted that this was happening to me without ever having used Junum. I definitely think it is the CRA's. Kind of a tit for tat move by them. In other words, everytime they have to delete a negative they take away two positives.

7. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Yup, that's my point..I'm not disputing that one that keeps getting "disputed" but it's not by me!

8. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

BEFORE F.I.C.O.

I had one account I disputed 5 times trying to get the CRA to put "ACCOUNT CLOSED BY CONSUMER'S REQUEST" $0 BALANCE NEVER LATE...(they were reporting it as open)...

I even sent a copy of the letter from the credit card company saying that they will request the account to say the above.

After the 5th time, the whole account WAS GONE!!! GO FIGURE...

9. Cyprigirl

Yes Mist I totally agree with you its some kind retaliation on the part of CRAS. I got a letter from my Congressman and he has contacted the director of the FTC about the problems I am having with the CRAS. I am going to discuss this problem wiht him also.

I seriously think they are doing it on purpose. For all the things I have said about EX, they have everything down to my D.L. and addresses accurate outside of two items I waiting on to be deleted.

EQ and TU are up to something and think we should complain to the FTC. I can prove that my creditors did not request deletion or pulled the files.

I can understand if one creditor pulls an account but not 4 and 5 at the same on the same day. It s definitely internal at the CRAS.

I strongly advise those who have just completed investigations to double check and not take for granted that all the rights accounts on your report. I did not really notice the missing items until a few days after receiving my report.

I am not going to file suit against EQ, because most of my issues have been resolved and I really can't afford to file a frivilous suit, but TU I am going to be more agressive and I do agree lawsuits catches their attention real quick.

10. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Well, I posted earlier that I thought that maybe it was the credit bureau way to retaliate to junum customers. I wasnt aware that non-junum customers were having a problem. I felt that junum could not be that incompetent to continue to dispute positive items for so many people. I totally agree that it is the credit bureaus sneaky way to hurt people repairing their credit. Those lousy bastards. LIke I said before, I have nothing positive to say about Experian. I hope they do something one day to totally hang themselves and complete destroy their credibility. Why hasnt there been a 20/20 investigation on THESE SLIMBALLS....or did I miss it.?

11. Cyprigirl

That is a real good idea, Roni!

There is nothing like bad publicity for a big corporation like the CRAS.

12. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Before my Mom went to buy her car, I checked her credit report, and disputed an old car loan that was being misreported. TU, EXP, and EFX all deleted the line rather than report a 0 balance, and EFX deleted a credit card my Mom has had for about 10 years. It is inactive, since that bank, has been bought out, but it seriously hurt her EFX report.

She already got the car, and a B of A card, so I haven't made an issue out of it.

breeze

13. Cyprigirl

Ok I would like to take poll of how many people have had positive accounts deleted and from which CRA and how many accounts?

Equifax- 20 accounts deleted

Trans Union- 11 accounts deleted

Experian- 0 deleted.

14. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

So far I have had 3 positive items removed from TU without disputing them, TU deleted on their own. None from Ex or Eq.

-Dave

15. Cyprigirl

bump

16. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

1-Experian without disputing

17. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

Cyprigirl, I agree with you totally. The credit bureaus are deleting our positive tradelines. Fortunately, the only thing I have ever disputed is my address and my employment so I, personally, have had no problems with the CRAs. I helped my Dad dispute some inaccurate tradelines and Experian said they verified both of them (I know they didn't because the one company is out of business and could not have responded). They did not make any adjustments to the account. Equifax, on the other hand, deleted the entire tradeline (although we only disputing the lates - which were inaccurate) and entire positive tradeline that we did not even dispute. I haven't dealt with TransUnion yet.
    I'm really concerned about this. Congress won't help us and the FTC won't help us. It they did companies like Fleet and Cross Country would be out of business and the CRAs would have babysitters (which they should have anyway). Our entire financial existence is controlled by the Big 3 and they have made some lives a living hell. It is just so unfair.

Dani

18. kbadeaux

kbadeaux Member

There has been 1 broadcast by 60 minutes within the last 5 years about crappy reporting done by CRA's and how it affects the average American consumer who is not aware of their credit reports.

The CRA's were shown to have erroneous information on files that were never corrected when the consumer requested correction; how credit history for one man showed up on someone else's account; credit history for many consumers was never updated in a timely manner, etc.

Seems they are still practising in the same manner as that earlier report--nothing has changed.

19. kbelle72

kbelle72 Well-Known Member

After pulling all of my credit reports, I have come to the following conclusion regarding the CRA's. Experian believe it or not was actually the most accurate regarding my personal information, etc. Equifax was so-so. Transunion just absolutely sucks; they did not have one single address or phone number correct in the last 7 years. They had my employment as "student"; I got out of law school in 1997!!!! They had collections with no info as to the original creditor. Plus could they possibly make life more difficult by not being able to see anything online. I know all about the certified mail rule, etc....but it would be nice not to have to wait a freaking week to get my report (from them). I got the data from one of those 3 in 1 reports while I was waiting for snail mail. Sorry, just had to vent for a minute. :)

20. Cyprigirl

I feel your pain kbelle. You are right about Experian, they are the only report that actually has everything listed correctly. A month ago I would have told you that Experian was the worse and they lie soo much, which they do, but once you get the right person on your file and push for a lawsuit against them, they snap up in shape.

EQ and TU on the other hand can't get anything right at this point although I figured out the problem with EQ apparently when you call in and talk to a rep and tell them about a problem you are having with your file, they start an investigation even if you did not request one and my file end up having 6 different investigations going on at the same time, which threw my file out of whack and I guess they could not keep track of the investigations or the accounts. This was confirmed when I called today.

Everything has been resolved and I have no more collections from EQ and the only item I have now is Captial One, I thought I was getting a paid as agreed but Mr. miller only updated to a paid r5 status, they are still investigating some other matters on the account so it might still get deleted, but its due to come off next year, soo its really not a big deal but the CH status is gone, which really was killing my fico.

TU, on the other hand, they are trouble and considering their past history with the FTC, it is not a surprise, they must like living on the edge of the law.