BIG success with Experian...

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Cindy, Feb 27, 2001.

1. Cindy

Cindy Well-Known Member

...that's right, Experian. My worst report. In late 98 when I began the credit repair project, it had 3 public records, 24 negative accounts, and 7 accounts in good standing. Ugh. (_WHY_ does Target have to pull that report? What's the matter with Trans Union?)

Well, I did my first dispute of 2001 and just got back the results: 10 negatives and 21 accounts in good standing (some of the latter are older paid-off items such as my old car loan and old student loan). That's right, NO MORE PUBLIC RECORDS!! Woohoo!

The last public record to go was the judgement, which was never enforced, and on which I was never served papers. (I am in the middle of a payment plan for the debt related to it). Out of the 10 negatives, 7 are due to fall off the report in two years (including three paid collections). I may have some luck getting them removed later this year, in my next round of disputing.

As for now, though, I am quite pleased with these results, and plan to stay on the wagon as far as new credit goes for the next six months or so.....

And thanks for everyone's help! For this dispute I used a letter that I got from some kind poster on the board (can't recall who....)

Next report, and last for this round...Trans Union. I'm anxious to see what happens as I disputed the remaining four negatives on it....

Cheers,
    Cindy

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Re: BIG success with Experian.

Congrats Cindy:) Goiing from 24 baddies to 10 is great. Good luck with the next round.

Mom

3. mimi

mimi Guest

Re: BIG success with Experian.

Yes...Kudos to you! Are you disputing them yourself or are you going through a repair agency?

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

To Cindy and others.

I had similiar success with experian. Experian was my absolute report at first and now it is my best. I had several deletions with experian. Infact, one day when I spoke with a rep there, she looked over my file and laughed about the number of deletions I had. I said to her arrogantly, "Yes, you guys really had alot of mistakes on my report". Heehee.

As for me, Experian (get this) actually changed my 9 defaulted student loans to "paid never late". I absolutely LOVE that. They deleted all my collections. The only thing I have on Experian is the 2 citibank student loans and 1 discover.

BTW: Cindy, have you had any luck getting Citibank student loans off your report.

roni

5. Cindy

Cindy Well-Known Member

Re: To Cindy and others.

Roni,

Nope, never had a student loan thru Citibank, only thru 1st Virginia Bank. I have a friend back home who used to tell me horror stories about Citibank though; I'll ask her.

Cheers,
    Cindy

6. Cindy

Cindy Well-Known Member

To Mimi...

Thanks! To answer your question I've been doing all the disputing myself using form letters from books and this board, the forms included with the reports by the CRAs, phone calls (I do have to say the Experian reps are very friendly and helpful), and online disputes. I tried Junum for a couple of months but had no results.

Cheers,
    Cindy

7. roni

roni Well-Known Member

oh, sorry. i was thinking you had citi student loans. Ok, then. Citi is the only ones who keep coming up verified. They agreed to remove the default and then said they technically couldnot because i had consolidated. Nevermind the fact that they refused to help me so I was forced to consolidate. Then they admit their mistake afterwards and say it is too late. I wish I had a bomb for SD.

roni

8. ld

ld Guest

Cindy I am very new to this arena and had success in deleting inquiries but not any chargeoffs. Is there anyway that I could get a copy of the forms that was passed over to you that made it successful for you to succeed in this crdit arena? ldpierce@usa.net

9. Cindy

Cindy Well-Known Member

to: ldpierce

Dear ld,

I have gotten many items deleted from my credit report through persistence (repeated disputes). I've had the most success with paid collections, and 30- and 60- day lates. However, I don't believe that I have gotten a chargeoff removed as of yet. (I'll have to check my records). For some reason, those items very stubbornly remain.

Now, I've had them _changed_ to Chargeoff-Making Payments (in the cases where I negotiated directly with the creditors), but none of them have been deleted through my disputes. One of them did mysteriously disappear last year from my Trans Union report (and has not come back), but I didn't actually do anything to make it leave.

The letter that I used to get the judgement removed was not from this board as I posted previously. I got it from a book called _Credit Repair_ from Nolo press, but I modified it somewhat to my specific situation. If you want I can email it to you.

Cheers,
    Cindy

10. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

Re: to: ldpierce

Hi Cindy, I would love to have a look at that.. can you email me at: ender510@yahoo.com? Thanks!

11. Marypc

Marypc Well-Known Member

Cindy, a question..

HI Cindy,
    If you wouldn't mind sharing, can you tell me how you got rid of the inquiries and 30-60 day lates? These are really hanging me up. My lates are on open, current accounts. I tried asking the creditor directly to delete some of the lates based on my 2+ years of current payment, but no deal. Also, the inquiries come back as being initiated by me, so they arent moving either.

Experian is my worst report, and I find they are the most difficult to get hold of on the phone. They verify things no one else does, but they are serviced by CBA, (I think) here in NJ, so if that is a local outfit I guess they have better resources to verify, I dont know.

Anyhow, I would love to know your secret to success here! Thanks for your help

mc

12. Cindy

Cindy Well-Known Member

Re: Cindy, a question..

Dear mc,

Haven't had much luck with inquiries (the one I disputed this time came right back verified!), but with the late pays I just repeatedly disputed them with each bureau. I also have been taking care (some would say obsessively) to make sure that I am not late on any payments.

In my case I think time and persistence were on my side.
    All my late pays happened in late 1996-early 1997. Since then I've kept it clean. ;-)

I had differing results with each bureau, some good, some not-so-good. I disputed by phone (I found Experian easy to reach, but perhaps there are regional differences?), by mail, and online. No one method seemed to be any more successful than the other.

But, each time I dispute, my reports return to me a little bit cleaner, and this is a good thing in my opinion. ;-)

Best of luck,
    Cindy

13. Marypc

Marypc Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info Cindy, I'm glad things are turning around for you..I have some 60 day lates but they were 98/99, so I guess I have to wait a little longer. Mine are on a Mastercard, and they verify in detail.

Just one last question, when you repeatedly disputed these, did you run into any problems with the CRA's refusing to investigate? I have heard of that happening, and am wondering if I should space out the disputes or not.

Thanks again for your help
    (PS obsessive is good :)

14. Cindy

Cindy Well-Known Member

Nope, I never had a CRA refuse to investigate any of the disputes. I tend to space my disputes out over the space of several months, though. I live in GA and order my two free reports twice a year (usually around January and June), and last year after I applied for Citibank and Chase during all the excitement (OK, I was a bit hasty, I guess, my time will come...) I got a couple of free reports and did another round of disputes at that time.

I did try two online Equifax disputes at the end of last year after a poster here (Sam, I think) reported his success with them.

During this last round of disputes I did receive a letter from each bureau explaining certain of the entries on the reports, which I have not received before. Odd.

Cheers,
    Cindy