Big time Junum problems.

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Mirage, Jul 1, 2001.

1. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

We all know that Junum sends the disputes letters to our local post office for forwarding to the CRAs.

Just got a batch returned (second time) to me from my local postmaster with a offical USPO letter telling me and I quote-

"You are performing an illegal procedure. This is against postal rules and regulations."

Going to have to call Junum on Monday and worked this out. If Junum and I cannot work this out it's bye bye Junum as I don't need postal inspectors knocking on my door.

Best regards,
    Sam

2. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Well, I'd like you to correct me if I am wrong and I probably will be because I'm just guessing.

Seems to me that Junum and others don't want you to know what it is that they are sending to the CRAs, so they try to pull some kind of trick on the post office to get them to open a letter which contains a letter which is addressed to the CRA and has your return address on it so it looks to the CRA like you were the one who actually mailed it. You are not ever supposed to get your hands on one of their letters or know what they say.

They are trying to get the post office to become a remailer in other words.

And the post office don't like those kinds of shenanigans too well.

Is that about right or not?

3. MiamiBlues

MiamiBlues Well-Known Member

I have a feeling that they are going through some major growing pains. I decided to stay with them after they deleted 2 positive trade lines on my TU report because they waived the membership fee for 4 months.

Manny

4. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Well, they may well be going through major growing pains as you suggest or they may just have a few lemons in their workforce. Either one is possible, and one cannot really knock them for either case.

Every company sooner or later has to go through growing pains and every company will sooner or later end up with a moron or two in their employee rolls. Just the way the cookie crumbles.

What did/do they do that upsets the postal authorities?

5. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

I know Junum does not want us to see what they are doing but still the disputes are returned to me by my local postmaster.

It's not growing pains or bad lemons here at work, it's the method that Junum uses to forward these disputes. In short I don't think there is a way for them to get around this problem unless they mail the disputes directly or mail them to me and I will forward them.

It's no secret in how Junum disputes, I just want the results. If Junum will not work with me on this issue, than I have no choice but to terminate their services. As I stated in a earlier post, I really don't need the postal inspector paying me visit.

On top of all this the disputes that were returned to me are dated from May 18th.

Best regards,
    Sam

6. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

Wow! That'a worry. I questioned a few weeks ago here if the post service wouldn't frown on this. But until now I hadn't heard any evidence that the PO feels it is illegal.

If this gets to be a problem, I'd much prefer to advocate that Junum send the packs of letters directly to me to be forwarded. Thus no more problems. I wouldn't even bother to open them as I'd have to replace the envelopes and stamps.

Perhaps this is something we Junum customers need to broach with Junum.

Anybody having a problem???

7. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

I've never had a problem with mail sent by Junum being returned to me. I have the same problem Manny has. I have to agree with Bill, they obviously do have morons working there. I called them when the new website came out to advise them of positive accounts being listed as negative. I was assured it was taken care of. Then on Monday of this week I got an updated TU report showing deletion of 4 perfect accounts. Junum says they will send a letter to TU telling them they were only disputing the accuracy of the accounts, not the accounts themselves. I don't think it will help any. This is now 5 positive accounts they have removed. Why can't they get rid of the negatives this easily? They gave a big 1 month free. If I don't see any deletions or reinsertions on the next updates, I am cancelling Junum and will have Lexington finish up for me.

8. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

LHK, I agree with you that Junum has been screwing up. I recently had a perfect 3+ year positive tradline disputed and deleted. Add that to the mortgage loan that Junum disputed and the CRA deleted.

Makes you wonder if anybody at Junum can decide what is a good trade and what is a bad trade.

Just don't understand how its so easy to have a positive trade deleted and my negatives come back verified.

On the flip side Junum disputed my wife's Cap 1 CC account ( active and pos. tradeline). Cap 1 verfied it being as active and paying as agreeded.

Going to give Junum an earful in the morning. My 4 year old can do a better job.

Best regards,
    Sam

9. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Sam, I could understand somewhat if this was just a computer snafu, however, in my case I informed them of the mistakes as soon as they put it up on the website and they still screwed it up.
    Also, I asked them to send me a copy of the letter they are sending to TU about the deletions, and they refused to do so. I don't believe they really need to protect that type of letter. I just wanted proof that they were actually going to do something about it. Oh well, the more I think about it, the more I am leaning to cancelling Junum. Good luck with them tomorrow.

10. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Well, if the post office puts out a general alert to their employees nationwide to be on the lookout for this company and it's tactics, they would most definitely have a real problem on their hands. I have no idea whether or not the post office can or would do that, but it sure would create a big problem the credit repair companies using the postal service in that way Only time will tell if indeed their problem(s) do become widespread in the postal service.

I'd almost be willing to bet that it's only a couple two or three or so postal employees complaining about it at this time.

As someone just pointed out a post or so ago, it isn't any big deep dark secret what they are saying in their dispute letters. Maybe they think differently. Whatever! But if they are worried about customers goingg out and starting to copy what they do and competing against them, that isn't too much of a worry in my mind.

Oh well, whatever.

11. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

If this is indeed true. You said it was the second letter.

Has anyone brought this up with Junum?

It sounds like what they are doing is mail fraud or using the U.S. Postal service by misrepresentating the letter as coming from you and not a Credit Repair firm (Junum).
    (I could be wrong but if the post office is saying this illegal, I would definitely be questioning Junum about this practice).

If this company does get investigated, it could get very complicated for many people.

I thought they worked on your behalf and then
    they are not letting you see the letters, and they are sending the letters to the post office in your local area.

That is strange! I always wondered how do soo many people get the items deleted if many are using Junum, I would have thought that the CRAS would have caught on, but now I realized they are not writing in their name, they are claiming to be you writing the CRA.
    (iF THIS IS NOT CASE, SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN WHAT IS THE PROCESS)

Although I considered them, I am glad that I never got involved with Junum.

I don't think the FLA bar examiners would have looked to kindly on this for me. Whew!

I was thinking about getting the service for the last few blemishes on my report. I rather keep the few negatives. You don't have to perfect credit to become an attorney

I wonder what Lexington does?

Thanks for the info!

Cyprigirl:)

12. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

I have never had a problem. No bounces here at all. Junum is doing legal re-mailing. It happens all the time with large volumes of mail. Nothing illegal about it.

-Dave

13. Cyprigirl

I am very skeptical of this process, if she did get a letter from the post office claiming that it is illegal, then it would be hard to argue against it.

I think I will just stick to doing my own credit repair and wait it out.

It is just sending off red flags to me.

Does anyone know long Junum has been in business?

Thanks,

14. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

One more round....and I'm out. I haven't had any problems (I did have a few good tradelines deleted from my Equifax, but I had a LOT of bad tradelines deleted so I won't complain too much).

But these recent turn of events leads me to believe it's best to step away until they get themselves together again.

Maybe I'll try Lexington for a few months. Anyone having any MAJOR issues with Lex? Speak up now!

15. bbauer

bbauer Banned

You can find out how long Junum has been in business by going to the BBB.com website and running a check on Junum.

If I remember right, it tells you right on line.

I looked it up one time a while back and then forgot about it since I couldn't see what difference it would make anyway. What counts is results, not how long they have been in busineess.

We have not heard of anyone claiming that they got gypped by Junum or Lexington. We have heard some compliants, but I don't really recall anyone claiming that they were an out and out ripoff. Sure they have made some mistakes which some would consider inexcuseable, but that's not really intentionally going out and ripping people off.

Mind you, I'm not sticking up for Junum at all, but the truth is the truth the way I see it.

16. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

I only hired Junum back in mid-May. It's been a month since the CRA's got the first round of disputes from Junum, so I should start getting back the credit reports within the next 2 weeks.

Junum has already mailed 3 or 4 rounds out so far. I'm sitting on pins and needles waiting to get back the first replies from the CRA's. After the first ones, they should start coming every 2 weeks or so.

I'm sure glad Junum doesn't wait until the CRA's respond. I'd be months behind.

17. Cyprigirl

I did not say that Junum was ripping anyone off. I am very wary of their practices.

I know our society is consumed with immediate gratification, but it is my belief I am not going to get involve with a process that I am not completely sure what they are doing or saying on my behalf. Now there maybe an allegation of illegal practices.

I am better off fighting my own battles.

I am strong believer of if it sounds to good to be true then it usually is.

From what I have read, even when Junum gets an item deleted, they sometimes get reinserted.

I am not telling others to not join Junum, but this latest problem really made me think hard before I would have jumped in.

18. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Shantel,

You might want to do a new post on the board about Lexington. I am sure DaveLV, LKH, Kelly etc. would answer your question. Your interest in Lex amy get lost in this Junum thread.

Jim

19. Rob

Rob Active Member

If they said it was illegal, did they qutoe the postal regulation? I would be interested in knowing WHY it is illegal.

it is also no surprise on how Junum disputes, it's more of a convenience thing when you hire them, most of us are smart enough and have been around this Credit game long enough to do it ourselfs, but you really have to take the good with the bad when you hire them, Just remember, these types of services never were around a few years ago, and most people never heard about any of them before coming on this board. I beleive this board alone has been directly responsible for spinning of some profitable little credit businesse for some of it's uses. I just think a lot of people are a little spoiled, and some should really be happy with what does come off thier CR's when using these types of services, (especially if the debt is acually theirs.) Even with all the aggravation of slow service (bad service somtimes) with these Junum type places, to me it's really hard to knock any company (such a s Junum, Lexington etc.) that just got a $20000. deletion off my credit report that would otherwise be there for 7 years, even if that deletion took 6 months and 3 different tries, I think one day it's going to get harder to get deletions, so I am happy with what I can get even if I suffer a little aggravation.

Regarding Jumun deleting positive tradelines, do what I do with Lexington, I use "white out" before I photo copy my credit report, that way, they only see the negative stuff, there is no question of them even by mistake, disputing one of my good trade lines ones. I always use little "post-it notes" with arrows ----> drawn with specific instuctions.

* Rob *

zxccv

20. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

I did not say that Junum was ripping anyone off. I am very wary of their practices.
    -----------
    Then don't use them, but without proof to the contrary don't accuse them of fraudulent activity when there may in fact be NONE.

What you said was..."It sounds like what they are doing is mail fraud or using the U.S. Postal service by misrepresenting the letter as coming from you and not a Credit Repair firm (Junum). (I could be wrong but if the post office is saying this illegal, I would definitely be questioning Junum about this practice).

So, by all means question Junum...but do not post that it sounds like mail fraud when you have no proof.
    ---------

I know our society is consumed with immediate gratification, but it is my belief I am not going to get involve with a process that I am not completely sure what they are doing or saying on my behalf. Now there maybe an allegation of illegal practices.
    --------
    Then don't use them but without proof don't further make these allegations.
    --------

I am better off fighting my own battles.
    -----
    Then do that!!!!
    -----

I am strong believer of if it sounds to good to be true then it usually is.
    -----
    Then continue to follow that credo!!!!
    -----

From what I have read, even when Junum gets an item deleted, they sometimes get reinserted.
    -----
    Now there is this to read, I have had 13 deletions and not one re-insertion.
    -----

I am not telling others to not join Junum, but this latest problem really made me think hard before I would have jumped in.
    -----
    Then don't jump in!!! But again without proof of fraudulent activity do not lead others to believe that a business that advertises on Creditnet (the board you are posting on) is fraudulent or performing illegal activity.

You seem as if you are saying you did NOT mean to scare people, but your posts continue to sound exactly like a scare tactic post.

Maybe what should happen is the person who originally posted the problem (incidentally the ONLY ONE so far who I have heard this type of problem from Junum out of many satisfied and many dissatisfied customers), should contact Junum and the Postal Service to determine what the problem is and he/she could notify the board of the FACTS about the situation and not spread possible false allegations of mail fraud about a company that may not be doing anything ILLEGAL at all. We get ENOUGH false and misleading information from the CRA's to spread false rumors of our own.

-Dave