Big time Junum problems.

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Mirage, Jul 1, 2001.

1. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

Ok Dave, are you finish ranting and raving?

First of all do not misrepresent what I said.

The first thing I said in my post was that if this is indeed true, it could be mail fraud or misrepresentation. Especially, IF IT HAS CAUGHT THE ATTENTION OF USPO.

What exactly is it are they writing in those letters on your behalf, of course you don't care as long as they get those deletions right?

Believe me , I will not be using Junum. Because I am skeptical of their practices and their icompetence that I have seen complained about on this board.

Do you work for Junum, because your post apparently seems very protective of Junum. Further,
    everyone has their own set of ethics.
    If I chose to not get involve with a company that I feel is questionable, then that is my choice. (NOT FOR ANY OTHER PERSON)

If you have had thirteen deletions and none reinserted, GOOD FOR YOU- I applaud this>>>
    but from what is discussed on this board, that is not ususally the case.

I am free to express my opinion, Mr. Dave!

If others want to base their decision on what I said, then I don't think they were going to deal with Junum to begin with and that is there decision.

I am not trying to scare anyone and I am sure the people that browse this board are educated and sensible enough to make the right decision for themselves.

Of course, there would need to be proof that they are indeed committing mail fraud. But it would make me think twice about what they are doing.

Just because I chose not to jump on the Junum bandwagon and follow blindly, there is no need for your comments.

Yes I will continue to fight my own battles,, thank you! It is much more rewarding and at least I know if anything goes wrong, I have only myself to blame.

As far as I am concerned that is all I have to discuss about this matter.

So you can continue to rant and rave all you want about Junum.

But no hard feelings, I agree to disagree with you and leave at that, Dave.

Cyprigirl:)

2. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Ok Dave, are you finish ranting and raving?
    --
    I am not Finnish although I am part Russian.

Do you work for Junum, because your post apparently seems very protective of Junum.

--
    Nope, I just don't like conclusion jumping.

I am free to express my opinion, Mr. Dave!
    --
    Yes but you still can't yell fire! in a crowded movie theater. Unless there really is a fire or you are Beavis.

So you can continue to rant and rave all you want about Junum.
    --
    ok, Thanks.

But no hard feelings
    --
    My fellings are not hard either. Peace.

-Dave

3. MiamiBlues

MiamiBlues Well-Known Member

Sam,

There is a gentleman at Junum by the name of Mike that is supposed to be very good at working out problems with customers. You may wish to speak to him. I have never dealt with him, but I've read other posts on this board that refer to him.

When I received my TU report with the 2 positive tradeline deletions I sent an e-mail (a rather nasty one) to Marta Olson. Although I have read some unfavorable reviews about her on this board, she was the one that waived my membership fee for 4 months. You could try her as well.

Good luck and please keep us posted on the results.

4. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

That's very interesting. You get 2 positives deleted and are offered 4 free months. I get 4 positives deleted and am offered 1 free month. I'll be calling again tomorrow to let them know that 1 free month for what they have done is not sufficient.

5. MiamiBlues

MiamiBlues Well-Known Member

LKH,

Try writing a real nasty e-mail that won't get answered for three days. When you do get a response they'll probably give you 6 free months.

Good Luck!!!

Manny

6. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

I would if I were you LKH, ask for Marta Olson. Thanks for the tip Manny, it is always good to have names of the quality reps to help out. LKH get them to pay you $10 for each positive deletion also :)

-Dave

7. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

I have spoken to Marta, Mike and Sylvia on different occassions. It was Sylvia on Friday that offered me the free month. I will ask for either Marta or Mike tomorrow and I may send a nasty email also. As far as I am concerned, $10 per positive deletion, is not even close to what I think it is worth.

8. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

On a related note, this $10 per deletion that Junum charges is really different than what I'm used to with Lexington. Unlike Junum, Lexington is a flat $35 per month irrespective of the number of deletions.

Randy

9. river

river Well-Known Member

Why is it Junum doesn't mail directly to CRA's from their headquarters? Is it because they are a "credit repair service"? The USPS became skeptical for a reason or they would not have sent this poster an "alert" warning. I sure wouldn't want a "big fine" on my hands or have to answer to something that I wasn't sure of.

10. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Something strikes me as "funny" or strange about this whole business.

Years ago, it was easy to get a "remailer" address so that you could appear to have mailed a letter from say Delaware while actually living and having your real address in say California.

Then dear old Uncle took an exception to that as I remember and it's almost impossible to find such a service. Those kinds of services used to advertise in Popular Mechanics and many other publications. They were simply put out of business by Uncle Sam either by passing a law against it or however. You can't find them anymore.

Maybe it's illegal to do and therefore turning or attmmpting to turn the USPS into a remailer would be the reason why the USPS takes exception to getting used in that manner.

Just working from memory and known circumstance on this one, but I'm not too far off track on it.

11. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

Finally got a chance to read all the posts. From what I remember Junum is a legit company that is publically traded. I have been using Junum since early April- I have only 1 deletion, if you do not count the two positive ones that were also deleted. Someone brought out the point of white-out the good tradelines. Wished I thought of that but Junum wanted a unmarked report so that's what I mailed in. Btw, I did write a cover letter to explain what needed to be deleted but I guess Junum has some "special" method to determine which trades good or bad should be disputed.

I wanted to thank the poster for suggesting that I speak with Mike. I will call but Marta was the one that I had spoke too when I started.

It is true that Junum is sending/writing these disputes on my behalf but with my permission. (Power of attorney).

I will be dropping by the local post office and speak with the local postmaster about this letter. This may take awhile as I have to leave for work before the PO opens, but I will get to the botton of this. I think the easy solution for me is to call the PO and Junum to get this resolved.

I will keep this board informed...

Best regards,
    Sam

12. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

One last word for you, Dave.

In the context that you use fire, that is an statement or an excited utterance, but not an OPINION.

Besides you could be breaking the law, yelling Fire! in a crowded room and it creates a stampede, I just don't see the correlation to my expression of an opinion to someone yelling fire in a crowded room.

Ciao

Cyprigirl:)

13. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

One correction: Junum is NOT publicly traded. (That said, LOL, I'm not taking a stand one way or the other regarding how well they do or don't run their business.)

Randy

14. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

I'd like to hear from the origianl poster in what form this "warning" came from. Was it pre-printed on official USPS stationary or postcard?

I ask because I now recall USPS folks sometimes take it upon themselves to make ignorant remarks about what is and isn't illegal.

Case in point, several years ago when I lived in a 4-plex, I'd come home day after day to a mailbox stuffed full of junk. It wasn't just that it was junk mail, but the mail carrier would cram it so tightly into the that he/she had to leave my legitimate mail (bills, letters) on the floor of the building.

Pissed one day I pulled all the junk out of the box and left it on the floor, intending to clean it up later. Next day I left for work out the back door in a hurry.

When I got home, there was a handwritten note from the carrier saying that if I didn't clean up the mess, he wouldn't deliver my mail anymore.

Well, that popped a gasket. I got back into my car, drove to the nearest post office and demanded to see the postmaster.

I showed him the note and ranted about my rights. Sorry, I was so furious I can't recall what I said at all, but I did make it clear that I knew my throwing my junk mail on the floor of my apartment building was no concern of the mail carrier's and his threats to discontinue my service would meet with a lawsuit, charging the USPS and HIM in particular.

You should have seen the postmaster back peddle. He assured me that the carrier had no such authority and that his note were NOT the policies of the USPS, and that he would personally see to it that the matter was rectified immediately.

I even got a visit from the postal inspector to "take my statement" and to calm me down, an official letter from the postmaster apologizing again and saying that the carrier had been admonished and this would not happen again.

So I ask again, in what form did this warning come? I'm no expert, but as far as I know it is NOT illegal to do a "drop shipment" to a local post office to have the contents forwarded. When I worked for Merrill Lynch, it was de riguer.

15. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Ok, there is no secret that I'm a big junum fan. My experience has been wonderful and positive. It has literally "changed" my credit life! Dave, I thought your post was well written!

I have to say again...I think we need to share information and experience but let everyone make their own decisions. Support everyone through the process. If junum works for me (and, boy did it!), then so be it. No need for posters to insinuate desperation or whatever because this is my choice.

And, Cyprigirl, gosh, if you are uncomfortable with them, please don't use them and I totally support you and your choice!! Best of luck, as well!!! River, you know I love ya', but same thing. Please do what is right for you!

I'll be honest, I tend to start feeling a little defensive when some seem to imply that the use of junum is desperation or some inferior choice. And, because someone likes them, I don't think it's necessary to accuse anyone of being a shill or a representative of junum. How about just crediting that to the fact that we had very positive experiences? But, I have to stay honest about my experience with them even if some would prefer not use such a service or wishes I wouldn't state my positive feelings.

Worse case scenario is to assume it is a mistake. I'm sure all would agree it is ours to make, however, right?

Of course, we want it to be an informed choice. So sharing your personal situation and of course your personal knowledge is wonderful. But, in this
    e-world of no facial expressions, etc. Let's keep sharing the facts so we all can learn. If you know FOR A FACT that fraud has occurred, by all means, please share. But that sort of speculation is a bit much if you aren't 100%!

For those of you with negative junum experiences, your words are invaluable...thank you for taking the time to share and clarify for a more informed choice for everyone! But, I say the same with those for positive experiences. And, those of you who choose not to use the service, thank you for sharing your viewpoints and experiences.

In fact, thank everyone..shoot, I'm closing in 1 day...nothing can pop this bubble! (and, it wouldn't be happening without junum!)

Now, there's my 2 cents cuz you knew I'd have to pop in sooner than later...

16. river

river Well-Known Member

Sorry NanaC, my comment wasn't meant to be directed at anyone in particular. I was just thinking outloud(Figure of speech). You just happened to be that "one in a million" that had outstanding results. Your success with Junum has brought you to " the closing" tomorrow "on a home"and by the way "congradulations". Can I still come to the pool party? LOL!!!!!!

17. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

River,

She isn't "one in a million". I've had great results, Jim had excellent results. I think that it's left up to the individual who got the results to decide if they were great or not.

I also think the people who aren't having good results, should also evaluate what your expectations were. How bad (or not) was your credit when you started with Junum? How many negatives did you have?

I'm not referring to the disputing of positives or this latest possible blunder (these are legitimate reasons to be dissatisfied). But if you had 5 charge-offs, a judgement and a foreclosure all in the last year, to expect Junum to have them deleted (or yourself for that matter) without having to dispute multiple time is unrealistic.

Lastly, if you're not happy with the service, please share here yes. However, please complain to the people who can actually help you...Junum! And if you get no satisfaction from them, I encourage you to try it yourself.

18. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

Now...on that note, I'm calling Junum to cancel....ROFLMAO. ;-D

19. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Cyprigirl:

I just don't see the correlation to my expression of an opinion to someone yelling fire in a crowded room.

I'd hate to bet on that in this particular theatre!
    Seems to me most anything often has a tendency to start the fire, let alone the stampede. (LOL)

20. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

LOL...I know..They basically have finished their job for me, as well and I'm no longer a member.

However, only because there was nothing left to fix..

Ok..1 left but I'm doing it myself cuz it's going to require the desperation technique I mentioned in another thread!