Bill Bauer

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Nave, May 18, 2001.

1. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Your apology or explanation seems almost as offensive as your original post. Almost a "we have them in our neighborhood too" tone.

Well Bill,
    You are into reading the fine print...did you read the NOT SO FINE print of the Terms Of Service for Creditnet?...number A for example. If you had Bill you would have read this:
    Bill you can't even pass GO in my game. If you are forced to leave us, I will not miss you. If you are allowed to stay, I will ignore you.

I guess this is - Buh Bye Bill.

-Dave

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I FINALLY FIGURED OUT "IGNORE"

3. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Good timing, george!

breeze

4. Cindy

Cindy Well-Known Member

testing

5. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

Okay...so what the freak? Did the post Roni put up last night get the ax (re: Bill Bauer)? I didn't bother to check if HIS post got the ax...as I hope it did, especially if Roni's got the ax.

6. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Shantel,
    Dont worry about it, Home girl. Just keep on keeping on. Exercise that ignore button, and that will solve the problem.

7. bbauer

bbauer Banned

I'm so glad that all of you ae taking the position that you are, especially you, Roni. After I stood up for you in a previous situation which I am quite sure you remember well as will many others. I really appreciate the position you are apparently taking now.

I also think the comments of all who seem to share your current opinion will also take the advice of those who say they will hit the ignore button on my posts.

I think that's a great thing to do and it will most assuredly create a win-win situation for everone including me. As a matter of fact, I'm quite sure I will gain the most .
    Don't you agree?

8. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Actually Bill, I never posted that I would put you on ignore. But for some, that was obviously the position that THEY took. As for you standing up for me in an issue, that has absolutely nothing to do with this issue. Maybe some of those black friends that you have who dont mind you using the N word would think like that , but I dont.

I dont appreciate the post you made last night. I dont appreciate your LACK of apology for your crude post. I dont even appreciate you having the nerve to say that we all turned away from the issue of credit when your corney, racist joke had nothing to do with credit. YOur joke is deleted. The thread that I started to alert this board about your joke is deleted. I suggest you delete this matter from your mind and move on as well. Talk it over with your 'Negro' and 'Spic' friends you were telling about. HA! Whatever buddy.

I have decided to NOT put people on ignore for myself, because I found that I miss so much of the board's important information just by chance. You get blocked out of an entire thread that way. I just dont even look at the post of people that I find offense. People who find me offensive are welcomed to do the same.

I have had enough of this race card. I hope this thread gets closed also. NEXT FREAKING TOPIC, PLEASE!

9. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Roni, I think that I have to agree with you for the most part. All these petty little fights really have no
    place in a conversation between people who are supposed to be adults. My feelings on the racial issues have already been voiced and should be dismissed from our minds.

If someone makes an error and is told by others in the peer group that they are offended by the thread and ask that s/he cease and desist from further such offenses, that should be enough. The offender should realize that he has overstepped the boundaries and standards of conduct that exist and are acceptable within that "society" and not offend again. That should be the end of it. But should he continue to offend in the future, then it's time to take whatever steps are available to the offended to either remove that person from the "society" or group or to remedy the situation.

Look at another recent offender who first of all offended many with his vile and abusive language. It would not have been quite so bad had he erred and then upon being ostracized for his offensive posts, immediately refrained from further offenses, but he did no such thing. On the contrary, he continued to offend time and time again.

Please understand that I intend to do no such thing. I have also been posting some cute little jokes from a newsletter that I receive once in a while. None of their jokes are offensive in any way that I am aware of, and if I thought that they might be, I would not post them. I love good humor and I think that Reader's Digest makes a good point indeed when they say, "Rx Laughter the best medicine."

But I fully intend to offend no more.

Understand me? Do you agree or disagree?

10. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Bill Bauer,
    I believe that YOU believe that you meant your remark in "good humor".

That point is the what scares me.

I do not agree or disagree because I feel that you and I are sitting on opposite sides of the globe on this issue.

Nuff Said!