Biz Claim hurting Personal Credit!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Fatman, Aug 24, 2003.

1. Fatman

Fatman Member

Hi Folks,

I'm fighting to clean up my credit to take advantage of a VA loan for our first house.

Verizon claims the small company I own owed it money (I did change phone service but don't know about their claim), so Verizon sent the bill to Solomon and Solomon, which promptly listed the derog on my PERSONAL credit report.

Having been an astute follower of many CreditNet discussions, I sent a validation letter to Solomon and Solomon (Albany, NY), certified, return receipt.

THEY NOT ONLY REFUSED TO SIGN RETURN RECEIPT, but on the day I rec'd the green postcard back from the post office, they sent me a letter with "We have not heard from you regarding our previous request for payment." (etc...)

I live in NJ -- my instinct is to sue immediately. Anyone have any idea if this is the right thing to do at this point???

Love the board and the various and sundry personalities...

Fatman

6 Feet tall
    June 11: 218 lbs.
    Aug 24: 206 lbs.

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Go to the POST OFFICE and request an "ORDER OF DUPLICATE SERVICE" I think it is called...they will get a signature or give you your money back...(FREE)

You paid for it...IT IS REQUIRED!!!

3. Fatman

Fatman Member

Re: Biz Claim hurting Personal Cred

Thanks much, George!

I never knew that -- I guess I'll try that, then call them if that doesn't work...

Fatman

4. dixidriftr

dixidriftr Well-Known Member

Course you could always send correspondence to their registered agent in the form of an ITS.

5. Fatman

Fatman Member

dix:

ITS?

Looked in the glossary, but couldn't find...

Could you enlighten me???

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Biz Claim hurting Personal Cred

INTENT TO SUE