BK and Walmart/Target/nextcard

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Scoreless, Jun 3, 2001.

1. Scoreless

Scoreless New Member

I am one year post BK (discharged summer 2000) and I am seeking to re-establish my credit. I already have a car loan, and a first premier credit card. I do not qualify for a cap one or prov because they were included in my BK. So, I was looking to obtain a target or walmart card since I shop there alot and a Next card. Are there any cards that accept a one year post BK applicant? Does Nextcard, Walmart or Target?

2. sam

sam Well-Known Member

target is all about your fico score. Right around 600 is needed to get it. Go pull your score, and work on your reports before racking up too many inquiries.

did you try orchard bank?

3. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

I was turned down for all Nextcard products with a bk-13 that was discharged last summer.

Orchard Bank might be a good bet but I don't have them. I did recently started to get pre-approvals from them.

Best regards,
    Sam

4. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

I am 2 1/2 years post bk7. I have Household, Nextcard, Target.. in addition to Cap1s and Provs.

Since you did a Ch14, weren't all your debts paid? If so, I'd ask Cap1 again... perhaps a secured card. They may decline an initial application but override manually. You never know until you try.

I'd say Household/Orchard/Target are easiest to get. I got Nextcard on a fluke I think... it's a bit tougher. You might want to wait to apply for it until 2 years rebuilding... but that's just my opinion.

5. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

We have a discharged BK from November. You might want to check out FCNB. They are also an excellent source for rebuilding credit. They have both Visa and MC.

6. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

true. fcnb unsecured is expensive but the secured is ok on fees... odd but true

the secured card is highly recommended. Also after 6 mos to a year you'll start getting offers for their other cards (Spiegel)

7. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

Scoreless,

FCNB won't give a secured card in NC, so check their sight before you apply. They have a small list of states that they won't let have secured cards.

Shantel

8. keltexx

keltexx Well-Known Member

I was declined for two orchard cards, and my FICO is right around 600. And I received a pre-approval from them that only required SS# and signature. Be careful with an inquiry from these folks.