Black Cloud Returning...

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by GEORGE, Aug 17, 2001.

1. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

DISPUTED EXPERIAN...all I wanted was CREDIT LIMIT STATED...

THEY DELETED THE WHOLE ACCOUNT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AMERICAN EXPRESS BLUE...

2. TCEast

TCEast Well-Known Member

That is the reason why I am hesitant to dispute my Fleet accout. It is an R1 rated account but is listed as Closed by Grantor, which is incorrect. I wrote twice to Fleet to close that account. I just don't want to chance getting the entire tradeline deleted so I guess I'll have to live with it.

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

CLOSED BY CREDIT GRANTOR IS BAD...

4. MikeB

MikeB Banned

Write a letter of dispute to CRA and make it very clear NOT TO DELETE THE ACCOUNT. Tell them the exact problem and get a letter from the creditor if at all possible. Send it certified and R/R in case they delete the account, you have a paper trail.

5. TCEast

TCEast Well-Known Member

Thanks for the suggestion. I think I'll try Fleet first and see if they will correct it themselves. I'm just afraid even if I write PLEASE DO NOT DELETE the CRA might do it anyway, claiming the account couldn't be verified, so it all had to go.

6. durango444

durango444 Well-Known Member

George, I feel your pain.

Disputed balance on a paid off Amex Optima with Equifax. They deleted the whole good trade line. My score dropped from 727 to 698. This really sucks.

7. Mist

Mist Well-Known Member

Has anyone been able to get the bureaus to re-insert positive tradelines which were deleted?

I've only been able to get one re-added by the creditor but I have two others that my credit union has in archives and they aren't optimistic or enthusiastic about having to go fetch the records and deal with the bureaus.