Blacklisted!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by humblemarc, Oct 17, 2002.

1. PAE

PAE Well-Known Member

Exxon/Mobile (citi or mcbg?)

I file Ch.7 and had a zero balance on my gas card. The card had never had a balance of more than like $80 and I didn't owe them a dime because I paid it in full every month. That was the ONE card I wanted to keep but they cancelled it right out from under me.

Imagine poor me sitting at the gas station with an empty tank and a cancelled gas card and no cash! boy was I pissed.

I purposely left them off the bk but they STILL cancelled!

GRRR

2. humblemarc

humblemarc Well-Known Member

what about the other prime cards out there?

3. humblemarc

another bump

4. MiamiBlues

MiamiBlues Well-Known Member

Courtesy bump for Marc.

5. humblemarc

i think Nave is going to add this to the faqs page, but here's a bump for Whyspers and others. . .

6. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

It's really several lists:

1.Blacklisted b/c THEIR acct INCLUDED in bk (never get off no matter what)

Eg: Sears

2. Blackisted b/c bk and THEIR acct INCLUDED (But can get off and how/ and when)

Eg: RNB: (repay 90 days)
    Amex (repay 1 year off list but 7 b/c bk): can get it again but must repay old account completely in full. Technically after paying you're on blacklist for 1 year and 1 cycle close then you're off the list completely...
    but for your own card now 7 year bk wait

the AMEX exception... you CAN get an AU and Corp card with a bk but off the blacklist

Capital One (repay and negotiate new card with Exec dept or get an offer from them for new card with repay 0% then new card after repay)

3. Blacklisted only b/c of bk THEIR acct NOT INCLUDED (and when that doesn't apply anymore)

Eg: Citibank 10 years post bk
    now Amex 7 years post bk

4. Blacklist barely or none at all THEIR acct NOT INCLUDED(and time limit if any)

Eg: RNB Visa (seems only score driven)
    RNB Target card (seems only score driven)
    Capital One (seems only score driven)
    Radio Shack (seems only score driven)
    QuikTrip UMB Bank (seems only score driven)

5. Never blacklisted no matter what neither THEIR acct incl nor bk rejects you (and time limit).

Eg: Nordstroms (amazing but true) no repay. don't know if there's a time limit at all

Please note: the rejections do not factor in the ability to get a manual override. Always try to negotiate a rejection into an approval. Push for a supervisor, a credit analyst, a credit supervisor and if still told no... ask "what has to happen for me to get approved"... they'll normally tell you ;)

7. humblemarc

yes, thank you, Marie!

8. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

ah... you caught my attempt at bold ;)

9. polarisa3

polarisa3 Well-Known Member

Add First National Bank of Omaha to the list of blacklisted. Even if you do not file BK on them and have 10+ perfect years of history with them, they will not reissue your card once it expires due to BK on your CR.

I had thought they decided to reissue my card, but turns out they did not. I went through the normal channels and have had no success. Called credit department, manager turned down request, even though I specifically requested that the manager call me back, she did not. I then asked for the executive offices # to speak directly with the head of credit ops, was told they will not take your call, they don't care etc etc...and wouldn't give me the #. Too bad for her there is this thing called the internet. I got the # called, the Second VP is supposed to call me at work on Monday. We'll see how it goes.

PolarisA3

10. Amy B

Amy B Well-Known Member

Ok...so if Amex was charged off 11-12 yrs ago, and it is no longer on my credit report, I am SOL (and I don't mean the stat. of limit.) on ever getting another amex? What if I am an AU on a good amex account that's a couple years old?

11. DemPooches

DemPooches Well-Known Member

Amy,

You might or might not be blacklisted. I know people who have very old chargeoffs with Amex and have gotten cards with no problem from them.

I know others who had to pay the old chargeoff and then wait a year.

It just all depends on what they have in their system.

The odds are decent that if they accepted you as an AU, you are not blacklisted. They blacklist AUs too.

DemPooches

12. Amy B

Amy B Well-Known Member

Not AU yet......just asked what if. We'll see I guess. It wasn't a LOT of $$ and I was a college kid..... EXACTLY like the marci/goodwill letter story.

13. humblemarc

i'm giving out coupons to MarkLA's "free love" for anyone who post on this thread!

14. christi523

christi523 Well-Known Member

Now did you check MarkLA's love coupon to make sure that's ok? His offer was for Doc's trick. It may say "coupon valid for Doc's trick only, cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers"

Now I think you better check with Mark and make sure it's okay with him.:)

15. humblemarc

oh i'm sure MarkLA wouldn't mind. It is, after all, "free love."
    Just in case, I will pay $1 to anyone who adds to the list (the checks in the mail)

16. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

You don't need to send a goodwill letter. just apply and see if you get approved or not. then if you don't, call them and get the balance and a reference number (*or you can use the old acct number if you still have it) then you can pay off the old loan...

wait one cycle...then call to reapply and if you get declined. Go for the manual override.

or.. pay it wait 12 mos and 1 billing cycle (ask when that account closed) and then apply after that when you're purged off the blacklist.

Except for the manual override (when you might want to explain the college thing over the phone) they don't seem to care why you defaulted... just pay it.

On just an AU card, in the past you were able to pay it, wait one billing cycle, and then have the cardholder request a card be issued.

17. MikeG

MikeG Well-Known Member

Sears is awful with the black list. I had a charge off back in 91 (over 10 years) and with good scores and credit now. I just knew I would be approved for a card to buy an exercise bike. Guy sure, we'll approve you after you pay us what you owe us. I said no thanks. It would have just become a hanger in 2 months anyway :)

Mike G.

18. ArmySarge6

ArmySarge6 Well-Known Member

This is too good of a thread to be completely buried. Anymore info on blacklists?

19. humblemarc

Bumping old threads that need more info.

20. alent1234

alent1234 Well-Known Member

I had a cc going through MBNA from my bank that I finally paid off after a bunch of lates. They never put it on the CR that I was late though. I applied for another cc now like 7 years later from the same bank but I don't know if they are going through MBNA now. Denied due to blah blah from EX report and their own records. And this bank was bought out by another in the meantime.