Blue Amex Card?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Tony V., Oct 4, 2001.

1. Tony V.

Tony V. Well-Known Member

I Have the BLUE since 1.2001...this isnt the clear blue card as some of you have....i called to get a DUPLICATE not change account number...but get the new style card...CS verified my info and said i will recieve in 7-10 days....called today its been TWO WEEKS....now amex says they can't send a new card w/the same account #...

has anyone asked for a "replacement card" before w/same account number, and received it?......

Tony Verrengino
    San Diego, Ca

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

AS FAR AS I KNOW...the last 5 numbers MUST be different on every card...
    My magnetic strip CROAKED...the last 5 numbers were different on the new card...

If you give 4 or 5 cards to family or whoever...the bill comes with the charges ITEMIZED by the last 5 numbers...(separated on the bill)

3. mj

mj Well-Known Member

As usual, George is 100% correct... I just (last week) asked for replacement cards, and the last few digits will be different. Amex is anal about that!

4. Tony V.

Tony V. Well-Known Member

After calling for a replacement card, ( i wanted the new blue clear card)...had to call 3 diffrent times..kept getting different answers from the CS reps......the first time they said they have to change the last 5 numbers of the account number on the card and so on....finally demanded they keep the same account number on the card and send it immediatly...one week later.....RECIEVED today w/same account number on card, only the small 4 digit security code is different!!!....AMEX is top notch...best CC co....citibank cant even compare..thank you......

Tony Verrengino
    San Diego, Ca