Blue: How Many Inquiries?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by NiceGuy, Oct 1, 2003.

1. NiceGuy

NiceGuy Well-Known Member

Does anyone know how many inquiries Blue considers to be too many? Could anyone that has applied for Blue in the past year or so please post the following:

Score at time applied (if known):

Number of INQ's in last 12 months when applied:

Result (denied/approved):

I have a clean report now but have three INQ's from last November when I got my car. Supposedly they count as one in terms of FICO since they are all the same week but I don't know if Amex will see it that way.

Besides those three, I have two stand-alone inquiries from Verizon Wireless and my MTG Refi, for a total of five in the past year. I don't want to waste an INQ if Amex will deny based on this number even with presence of clean report and 740+ FICO.

Thanks!
    NiceGuy

2. willgator

willgator Well-Known Member

amex won't so do apply by phone so you can tell them what happened, they can do manual overide of system I hear two year history and 650 to 680 will get you in my history was 14 years and score was 724 or higher can't remember good luck.

3. thickman66

thickman66 Well-Known Member

I would really doubt if those would disqualify you, but I got denied for the card because of too much new credit.

4. Platinum

Platinum Well-Known Member

When I applied and was approved for my new Blue in 07/2003 they pulled Experian, my score was 723, there was 12 inquiries total for the past 2 years, 2 of them for the past 6 months. They approved me for 7.99% ongoing rate and $3900 initial credit line, but I combined credit line of my new Blue with Cash Rebate card and my old Blue which I closed in 2002 and that way I've created new credit line of $25.000.

5. bryanboy

bryanboy Member

American Express approved me for Blue for Business with 4 inquiries (6 months) and 19 inquiries (2 years). In fact, my credit record is only 1 year and 6/7 months old.

They gave me a $3,000 credit limit.

B

6. bryanboy

bryanboy Member

oh, and my credit score at that time was 687 on transunion -- they use transunion.

that was back in august 29.

it's now oct 1 and my credit score is 714 :)

7. kingfish

kingfish Well-Known Member

They used EQ for me. I had 3 inquiries and was approved

8. sam

sam Well-Known Member

the lady said i had 34 inquiries in the past 12 months according to their records when i got blue cash rebate(personal) and blue for business on the same day.

Once you are in the "club" of their elite cards, and have a nice 735 score, they overlook some of their standards.

They did tell me to stop applying for cards for my own benefit.

lol