Blue Limits

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by sph, Jan 25, 2001.

1. sph

sph Guest

Anyone who has blue from amex,what kind of limits and rates did you get?Thanks

2. AZMDX

AZMDX Guest

18,900.00 ,9.9% 0% for 6 months

3. the other

the other Well-Known Member

2k 12.99% initially.
    i just had it changed to 9.99%

This is my lowest limit card. I would use it more if I had a decent limit.

4. JacquiG

JacquiG Well-Known Member

$2K initially, called when I received the card and they raised it to $3K. 14.99%

5. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

Started off w/ $2K raised it to $3K six months afterwards. IR - 12.99%. Called AmEx five times to do a product transfer to their 9.99% rate only for them to tell me I have to reapply and I am still not guaranteed to receive it. Makes me want to scream. Anyway, good customer service and low rates.
    Hope this helps.

Dani

6. Saar

Saar Banned

Dani,

The reps' refusal is because they checked your account and noticed that you're not pre-approved for that rate. Well SO WHAT, neither was I and still got it.

Take a different approach. Since the computer obviously didn't like the idea of you getting the 9.9% rate, why don't you try pushing for the 10.9% rate?

Don't argue with the CS rep, just ask to speak w/ Retention (during normal business hours) and insist on the 10.9% product. Upon approval, wait a few months and go for the 9.9%. Sure, from their perspective, they want us on higher rates. Act smart and you'll get what you want. Amex Blue is one of the best products the credit card industry has to offer.

Saar

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

$15,500
    12.99% after 0.00% six months
    7.90% balance transfer till JULY 2001

NO INCREASE IN CREDIT LINE...

:(