Blue with 9.9%! (thanks Saar)

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by the other, Jan 19, 2001.

1. the other

the other Well-Known Member

I called Amex to see if I could have a product transfer to the 10.9% Blue, and she said she could transfer it to the 9.9% Blue for me. It will be effective after my next statement processes (I missed the statement that just processed :( Oh well.)

Thanks Saar for giving me that kick in the butt. I've been meaning to call, I just hadn't yet.

2. Saar

Saar Banned

RE: Blue with 9.9%! (thanks S

Great!

And glad to hear the 9.9% was reinstated. Now I want that rate too. The phone is near me, and my dialing finger starts moving nervously towards it...

Saar

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

MY BLUE 12.99%...9.99% WOULD BE NICE.

Is it "ALREADY APPROVED" or is it an application plus credit report?

I DON'T NEED ANOTHER INQUIRY!

4. the other

George,

I had the 12.99 before too.

I don't think they pulled a credit report. When I asked her about doing the product transfer, she said, let me see what is available for your account. Then she told me the 9.9 was available. She put me on hold for a minute while she did the transfer.

The only negative thing is that they have to send you a new card with a slightly different number. But she said that it would not be reported as a new tradeline (we all know new tradlines are FICO killers). My sister is an AU and she said my sister would be getting a new number too.

I can't guarantee that the report wasn't pulled, but I don't think it was.

5. Saar

Saar Banned

Ok, I've just talked w/ Amex.

The CS rep refused to make the transfer (even though it was only 1% decrease of my current APR).

Hung up, called again. The 2nd rep seemed very nice, but was "unable to assist" me.

I then asked to speak with a Supervisor (Supervisors for the Blue products are called "Leadership Team"). I was transfered to Donna at the Leadership. She certainly took her time reviewing my file.

Verdict: "Yes, sir, I can do that for you".

Saar

6. the other

Good fo you Saar! Now we are both at 9.9.

That is now my best rate card (excluding the balance transfer offers I get).

7. the other

But unfortunately, it is my card with the lowest limit too.

the CS rep suggested I wait until I get the new card, then call in while the bank is open to apply for a limit increase. She said if you call while the bank is open, they can process it right away, but if you do it when the bank is closed, it can take up to 10 days to process.

8. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I don't know about your feelings, but I won't pay AMERICANEXPRESS one penny at 12.99%, but would be willing to pay 9.99%.

It is just like MCDONALD'S...I buy many
    BIG MAC'S AT 2 FOR $2.00, but ZERO AT $2.19 EACH!!!

9. Saar

Saar Banned

Product transfers don't result in an inquiry.

The Blue 10.9% & 9.9% are probably considered "closer" products, since she said no new card would be issued; I can keep using the current one under the new terms.

Saar

10. Stuck in S

Stuck in S Guest

Hello Board,

I thought this board was for people with "less than perfect" credit and trying to rebuild or establish.

Most of us here would "drool" over having an AMEX account of >any< type.

Correct me if I'm wrong but AMEX will not accept ANYBODY with ANY negative remark on their reports.

Please continue to brag while the rest of us are still living and working to get out of subprime hell.

If you were in Subprime Hell please tell us how long it took you to get out of it!

I'm going on 2 years now...

Please don't take this as a personal attack. I'm just tired of people boasting about this and that while most of us are still trying.

sish

the other me wrote:
    -------------------------------
    I called Amex to see if I could have a product transfer to the 10.9% Blue, and she said she could transfer it to the 9.9% Blue for me. It will be effective after my next statement processes (I missed the statement that just processed :( Oh well.)

Thanks Saar for giving me that kick in the butt. I've been meaning to call, I just hadn't yet.

11. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I NEVER WAS IN SUB PRIME **** as you call it, but I still have the right to better my credit portfolio...DON'T I?

12. the other

This board is here to help people with credit issues and provide credit knowledge and experiences with each other. That includes people who have had credit problems as well as people who haven't. There are people that regularly use this board who are in all different stages.

13. Saar

Saar Banned

SISH wrote:
    "I thought this board was for people with 'less than perfect' credit"

You thought wrong. This board is for everyone with a pulse and an interest in credit, who is willing to share and listen.

"Please continue to brag while the rest of us are still living and working to get
    out of subprime hell."

You're right. Why should members here share their successes, if they can whine all day long, keep every piece of valuable information to themselves, and generally be self serving ?

"If you were in Subprime Hell please tell us how long it took you to get out of it!"

You've got an attitude problem, and until you resolve it, you're not in a position to ask for advice.

I'm a credit builder with sub-prime credit just like you, and while I was able to get 2 Amex cards due to my foreign record w/ Amex, I still cannot qualify for a damn Target. I hope that helps me earn your approval to keep posting here.

Saar

14. Stuck in S

Stuck in S Guest

Saar,

First, let me say that the advice you and several others have given me helped me to improve my credit. I really do thank you all.

Saar, I'm sorry if you think I have an attitude. It's just that I've been working on this for almost 3 years and still get laughed at by creditors. It just gets really frustrating.

Sorry, please accept my apology

sish

Saar wrote:

You've got an attitude problem, and until you resolve it, you're not in a position to ask for advice.

I'm a credit builder with sub-prime credit just like you, and while I was able to get 2 Amex cards due to my foreign record w/ Amex, I still cannot qualify for a damn Target. I hope that helps me earn your approval to keep posting here.

Saar

15. Stuck in S

Stuck in S Guest

PS: I had a really BAD day and shouldn't rag on people like I did.

sish

16. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

Help! AmEx has no idea what I

After reading your replies about the reinstatement of Blue's 9.99% interest rate I called AmEx for a product transfer. Blue's customer service department had no idea of what I was talking about. I explained to my rep that I wanted to transfer my current balance from the 12.99 interest to the 9.99 interest rate. She kept telling me that she could not do that. That when I applied for the card (1999) my interest rate was set. So I asked to speak with someone on their Leadership Team. My rep then said I would have to apply for a Blue account to get the 9.99% rate, so she transferred me to New Accounts. When my new rep came on I explained what I wanted to do and he said I would have to speak with customer service again, that they could not do that in New Accounts. Where do I go from here? Is there a particular person I should talk to? A particular department? Thanks for your help.

Dani

17. Saar

Saar Banned

RE: Help! AmEx has no idea wh

Dani wrote:
    "I explained to my rep that I wanted to transfer my current balance from the 12.99 interest to the 9.99 interest rate. She kept telling me that she could not do that. That when I applied for the card (1999) my interest rate was set. So I asked to speak with someone on their Leadership Team. My rep then said I would have to apply for a Blue account to get the 9.99% rate, so she transferred me to New Accounts."

Hehehe, that is the first trick in their book. One of the reps I've talked w/ told me the same. Ignore it. If your preformance w/ the Blue is excellent and your credit in the last 2 years is spotless, don't give up. Tell the rep you insist that they transfer you to Leadership. If leadership won't do it, make another call and ask to speak w/ Consumer Retention. If they don't approve you either, you probably have a bad mark in your file. But don't give up w/o trying.

Saar

18. Saar

Saar Banned

I appreciate that SISH. Apology accepted.

You say you want to get out of subprime hell. Why don't you post (in a new thread) your detailed credit situation, so that the Regs here can offer their advice?

Saar

19. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

Saar, Need you help

Saar:
    I called Amex again and this time asked for someone in Customer Retention. Again, I got the same thing. Since you have the 12.99 we can not do a product transfer to the 9.99 because it is for the same product...yada, yada, yada. I told them I know they do because two other clients who have AmEx Blue had it done within the past couple of days. She said it was impossible. The only way to do a product transfer was to switch from one card to another ex. Optima to Blue. She said that I would have to reapply for a Blue and still she could not guarantee that I would receive the 9.99% interest rate. I am so ticked. I almost told them to take their card and shove it, but it is the only credit card I have so I am still deciding. There is nothing bad on my credit report (I just pulled Equifax's last month). My bills are always timely and I always send more than the minimum due so I know that is not the reason.
    I do not know what else to do.

Dani

20. the other

RE: Saar, Need you help

I called, and told the rep that I wanted the 10.99 rate on my Blue. I told her that a friend of mine just got the 10.99, but they had to do a product transfer in order to do it. She told me that yes, they had to do a product transfer, and she would see what she had for my account. That's when she came back and said she could do a product transfer to the 9.99.

I would suggest calling again (I know, pain in the rear). Tell the rep you have the 12.99 Blue, and that a friend of yours recently got their rate on their Blue reduced to 9.99, but that it was done through a product transfer, and you would like to do the same.

If I remembered the name of my rep, I would tell you to ask for her. She was great! But I don't remember her name.