BMG Music Service Question

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Desdemona, Apr 13, 2001.

1. Desdemona

Desdemona Well-Known Member

I need to vent, but I really donâ??t know what to do with this; fight or ignore. I just received a collection notice from Bureau of Account Management, client: BMG Music Service. You know.. 12 CDs for one penny. I had an account with them three years ago, bought my 4 CDs at regular price within 2 years then cancelled my membership. Or so I thought, now they want $110.64.

Now I know that this collection can not show up my reports due to the fact they donâ??t have a SS on me, but Iâ??m about 95% sure that this canâ??t be my account. I donâ??t have anything with my old BMG account number on it that I can find at this time. But this notice has my full name with middle initial which I NEVER use on music or magazines, stuff like that so I can track what kind of mailing lists I get on. I also ALWAYS misspell my last name on propose. My name is full and spelled correctly. This is why I donâ??t think this is mine.

Is this worth a show proof or delete letter?
    This is from the notice directlyâ?¦ If you notify this office in writing within 30 days from receiving this notice, this office will: obtain verification of the debt or obtain a copy of a judgment and mail you a copy of such judgment or verification.

This is so stupid. This really pi$$es me off. According to them they will either obtain verification or a judgment. A judgment for a couple of $15.00 CDs. Please!!!

How could they possible obtain a judgment without my SS number? Am I just getting my panties in a bundle for nothing? It just ticks me off that you start to see the light at the end of tunnel to receive some BS notice about CDs.

2. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

I can't tell you what to do but I had a similar situation. My ex' wife likes to order things for herself in my name. Sigh..

Anyway, I did dispute...explained it wasn't mine, I had no clue what they were talking about, verify it.

I never heard back.

Just found out the ex' got car insurance using my ss# cuz she has a bad driving record. Ugh...

I'm notifying authorities..don't worry!

3. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

And one more totally off-topic

..comment..

Hey, noticed your little "go wings" thing (I made a rhyme) wasn't on your letter...

know it was an oversight...man, it's rough about Shanahan...

Anyway...our teams are both on the road to the cup...actually, I honestly think the wings are the only threat for us..

anyway,with due respect.....Avs rule!

4. Maximus

Maximus Active Member

Re: And one more totally off-t

They report to a mail order credit bureau which would never impact your real credit files - big 3. So you couldn't get the Book of the Month in the near future or all that other junk mail. A Cease and desist will eliminate them like a lance in the liver.
    Regards, Maximus

5. Desdemona

Desdemona Well-Known Member

Re: And one more totally off-t

NanaC~

I was so upset about this stupid little thing that I forgot. I know Shanna...that's ok we'll still win. :~) We need to welcome Lord Stanley back to Hockeytown.

Desdemona