BOA Experts

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by greyfox, Sep 3, 2003.

1. greyfox

greyfox Well-Known Member

My son needs to transfer some debt to his BOA account to lower his CC payments in order to get a mortgage. He has had this account for about 4 years, no derogs on it, paid off a $3000 balance a month ago.

He called today to find that there were no balance transfers available. Would it do any good to call retention about this? He needs that interest plus $10 on his report to bring payment total down.

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

4 YEARS SHOULD BE GOOD ENOUGH FOR BT PRIME + 0.00% (4.00%)

My account is NOT even 3 years old!!!

3. DemPooches

DemPooches Well-Known Member

A few months back we had asked about BT offers from BofA because we had never received one. Had had the accounts about 2 years.

If I remember correctly, customer service transferred us to a marketing department, we explained what we wanted. They said they periodically send offers and were surprised we had never received one. She said she would note on our accounts that we would like to receive BT offers and that should get us something soon. Sure enough, about 3 weeks later they did an AR and a few weeks later we both received BT checks for 4%.

Hope this helps.

DemPooches

4. faztcobra

faztcobra Well-Known Member

Re: Re: BOA Experts

I haven't even had my account 1 year yet and I upgraded TODAY from the B of A Gold to the B of A Plat and got offered the 4% rate in the process. Unfortunately, I don't have any other card to transfer to BofA to take advantage of the offer. On the other hand, I transferred my entire bal from BofA except about $200 to my Chase Plat to take advantage of 0% for the next 9 months! :) I made enough big payments to get BOA to give me a $10K limit. Now it's time to work on this 'measly' $4k limit from Chase. Anyone know how stingy Chase is with CLs?

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: BOA Experts

ME...CHASE 3 YEARS NONE
    WIFE...CHASE 2 YEARS NONE

6. faztcobra

Re: Re: Re: Re: BOA Experts

DOH! But I'm also sure you have higher CL than most of us. ;)

7. faztcobra

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: BOA Experts

8. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: BOA Experts

CHASE
    WIFE $6,500
    ME $0 CLOSED (WAS $5,000 FOR 3 YEARS)

9. DemPooches

DemPooches Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: BOA Experts

Chase can be very generous with CLs. Last year we were at 4K with them, asked for 8K, they thought we meant 8k MORE and gave it to us. We combined it with another Chase card and it's now 22K.

Chase always pulls a hard on TU for us. The major factors in the line increases have been the amount of our other lines (they don't want to be way over the others) and having the Chase balance at or near zero when we ask for a line increase.

DemPooches