BofA approval

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Ann, Apr 5, 2001.

1. Ann

Ann Guest

I just applied for the BofA card, for awhile the screen kept sayiing still processing, then after the third time of this it said application was pending and to check back in 24 hours. Fico score high 600's.

Is this a nice way of telling me I have denied?? Has anyone received instant approval ot instant denial? Or received this message and then got card/denial??

Sorry I just hate waiting:(

2. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Ah, Ann, how frustrating. I don't have any experience but I'll keep thinking good thoughts for you!

3. Ann

Ann Guest

Re: BofA approval denied:(

They pulled Equifax best report 680. Their reasons were 1.high balance/limit utilization I am at around 50%
    2.inquires
    3.inquires in past 5 months?? I have ONE
    4. age of accounts (oldest is almost 2 years)

So I take it this bank is pretty tough. oh well

4. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry!

5. curious

curious Well-Known Member

I applied for the card, that happened to me, but I checked back and was approved. I have a checking account with them too. The customer service rep said that you get that message when there are variables that the computer can't decide on or if the computer glitches. He said that the only thing it means is that your application will be reviewed by a live, credit analyst.

Good luck.

I had NO CREDIT and got approved.

6. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Ann,
    I had the similar situation.I applied for BofA 9.9% fixed rate Visa card and it didn't give me instant decision. It told me need futher processing and notify me in email. After 2 days they notify me I was approved for BofA Plat card with $6300 credit limit. In your case, it didn't mean that you got denied and they need to verify something with you like first card with them like address, employment etc.

Ron

7. Ann

Ann Guest

denied

Thanks all, but I was denied, I checked back after about a half hour and got the lovely denial.

8. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Re: denied

Sorry don't let it get you down. Banks are so unpredictable, while some may have similiar credit histories one may be approved and another denied.

Just remember JC Penney's denied me for a lousy increase, then 2 weeks later I was approved for Amex green card, go figure.

9. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Ann,
    Sorry to hear that.

Ron

10. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

I got denied too....we are in the same boat!

11. Newcomer

Newcomer Well-Known Member

I just got approved for the Citibank Aadvantage card after being denied by Chase and being offered a secured card by NextCard. Everything is such a crapshoot, so don't feel bad:)

12. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

It's O.k.!

BofA is a crap bank in my opinion. I banked there for almost 10 years and even when I had excellent credit, they still denied. I've also heard that if you don't have any accounts with them, it's even HARDER to get approved.

13. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

Re: It's O.k.!

That's what I heard too MP. Guess they were right. In any case, that's fine with me. The jury is still out on Wachovia (my bank) and Discover Plat. Fingers crossed!

14. R1

R1 Guest

Fine print... collateral

When you have an account with them, their card agreement allows for direct withdrawal from these accounts to pay for any debt. So your deposit in savings account becomes a collateral, sometimes without user's knowledge.

That's why it's harder... read the fine prints.

15. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

JC PENNEY

Mom - that still was hilarious - flea bitten Penneys won't give a lousy increase. AMEX invites you to join Green Card membership.

AMEX doesn't have a big catalog though :) :)
    However, the Membership Rewards catalog is quite stunning.