BofA ??? IF YOU WERE ME...

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by GEORGE, Aug 4, 2003.

1. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Since I didn't get a "PRE-APPROVED" credit limit increase on my BofA card...WOULD YOU COMBINE HIS and HERS CARDS INTO ONE "JOINT" ACCOUNT???

I think mine is one year older...
    PRIME + 0.00% BT both cards...
    I am "AU" on her card...
    Both PERFECT PAYMENT HISTORY...
    Both cards over the $15,000 limit for "PRE-APPROVED" limit increases...

MY ONLY OTHER ALTERNATIVE IS A "SPIN-OFF" TO A SECOND CARD (SPLIT THE CREDIT LIMITS BETWEEN TWO CARDS)...OR DO ANOTHER 1/2 BDD...

2. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

I think I might try for the joint account.

If you do, let me know how it goes. I have found BofA to be worse than many for changing names on accounts. My ex-husband's name is still on one account, and they told me the only way they would remove it was if I had a death certificate. (Don't tempt me!!!)

3. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

By the way, GEORGE, do you get periodic CL increases on your BofA account without asking? I don't think I've had one for several years. They are now one of my lowest limit accounts. Even Wal*Mart gives me more credit than BofA. I don't know whether to ask for an increase or not. I really wish the merger of USAirways and United had gone through. My BofA account is a USAirways card, and I could have just canceled it and used my United card (FirstUSA).

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I "ALWAYS" asked on the PHONE when I did a BT...they asked how much do I want to BT...WELL IF I HAD MORE THAN $2,384 I COULD PAY OFF 2 OR 3 INSTEAD OF JUST ONE ACCOUNT...OR SOME SUCH WORDS...

5. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

I'll try it.

Keep us posted on what you decide. I'm just starting to work on my BofA account seriously. It needs limits raised and APR lowered (I don't carry a balance, just want it lowered in case I ever need it).

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: Re: BofA ??? IF YOU WERE ME...

Ask for the **PRIME + 0.00% NO FEE BT TILL PAID (RENEWABLE)---(if you do another BT 4 months from now...you still get the same terms)

**IF YOU DON'T HAVE IT

7. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

I think I may have it in the last bill I got. I'll check it out.

Thanks, GEORGE.

8. mselfemps

mselfemps Member

Call them

I had on my CR a limit of 6000 and high balance of 6311. Called them and asked could I get a limit increase of 312, so limit would be above high balance. They said only do in increments of 100, lets see what I can do.

Came back with a 5000 increase. This was a usair card.