Bogus dispute to circumvent HIPAA?!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by MaxedOut, Sep 1, 2003.

1. MaxedOut

MaxedOut Active Member

I finally got enough dough to pull my CRs.

I have two unpaid medical collections in the amount of $50 each.

After a little research, I came across the HIPAA letter which could probably get them deleted.

These accounts show up on all 3 of my reports with the notation: "FCBA dipute resolved - consumers disagrees"

The problem is that I NEVER DISPUTED THESE ACCOUNTS!!! I NEVER HAD ANY CONTACT WITH THIS CA WHATEVER!!!

The HIPAA info on WhyChat's site states the following:

>>>>5- DO NOT under any circumstances, write or correspond with the CA regarding this matter, any correspondence or communication that YOU instigate will be deemed to be a waiver of your privacy rights under HIPAA,and will impede any cause of action you might have.

It is very possible that this CA has planted bogus disputes to "immunize" themselves from HIPAA claims!!!

Two questions:

1. How can I prove that I niether disputed these charges nor had any contact with this CA at all.

2. I smell a lawsuit - maybe a class-action one, any advice on a good CA attorney?

Thanks,

Max

2. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Max
    THE END ** *** ** LB 59
    """"```--~~~~~~~~~--```'""'''
    Subject: Said It Better Than I could
    The Ten Commandments display was removed Wednesday from the Alabama Supreme Court building.
    There was a good reason for the move.
    You can't post Thou Shalt Not Steal in a building full of Lawyers and
    Politicians without creating a hostile work environment.
    > --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ---- >>

3. Why Chat

Why Chat Well-Known Member

If you owe the debt and can not or do not wish to pay it, the "HIPAA" dispute letter on my website is not valid.

The purpose of the warning about contacting a CA is to prevent the appearance of communication between you and the CA AFTER you have sent the HIPAA letter.

If you have not disputed this account in any way at any time and it is a legitimate debt you not only have no "HIPAA" claim, but no legitimate grounds for a lawsuit because of the "dispute" entry on your reports.