boycotts and badmouthing

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by tom65432, Aug 23, 2001.

1. tom65432

tom65432 Well-Known Member

I notice that the same names keep coming up that cause people trouble. Ford is one that came up today and numerous times in the past.

My policy has been to have my own blacklist of companies with bad service, poor ethics or who are downright crooks. I let everyone else know my disatisfaction. Maybe I can inform someone who will not deal with the company in question and save themselves some grief.

We are here to learn from others successes and mistakes so sharing should help us all. I know George dislikes Nextcard and lets us all know. A couple people badmouth Ford. Lots say bad things about Cap one and Providian.

My personal list of bad companies to deal with:
    BellSouth, Wells Fargo (PLATO), GM, Ford, Chrysler, Walmart, and , of course, all three CRA's.

Who wants to add to the list?

2. keltexx

keltexx Well-Known Member

Good Idea Tom. Here are my nominees:

Wells Fargo-credits payments to the wrong accounts, multiple problems getting change of address notated, and RUDE customer service reps.

Providian: I just don't have the luck that others have. Three years, no late pays, and one 100$ increase. And my interest rate was jacked up to 25%.

GMAC: loves to hold payments and then slap on interest charges (particularly around holidays). Has credited my payments to the wrong accounts on 3 occasions. And the customer service reps are brain dead.

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

WAL*MART...what problem(s) do you have with my company?

NEXT CARD...no problems on my account...WIFE'S account they gave her 18.99% after 3 months of 9.99% with a $50.00/BT FEE. (she has a 725-741 F.I.C.O.)

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I just have a problem with CITIBANK...one application 2 inquires.
    People with MUCH lower F.I.C.O. SCORES GET THE CARD...I CAN'T.

5. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

You are off to a good start, Tom.

If this were my personal list, Providian would be at the top and CapOne would scrol off. Yes, they can be stengy with the increases but the exec office has been very good to me.

Now...Cross Country must be on the list, along with Orchard, 1st Premier and 1st Bank of Marin.

Others?

Donna

6. sm691

sm691 Well-Known Member

US BANK!! Yes, I am shouting! They have screwed me in more ways than I can list, and two weeks ago I FINALLY paid off my LAST loan with them!!!!

YEA!!

Shanna

7. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

On my list is Fleet, Cross Country, First USA, and First Bank of Marin (wouldn't touch any of them with a 10 foot pole).

Dani

8. toromio

toromio Well-Known Member

Providian! I hate them! We actually cancelled both of our accounts (total credit $4000) due to the never ending phone solicitations for Auto Clubs, Travel Clubs, etc.

Bally's aka Primeter Credit: Re-aged an account, has a judgement against them (see Primeter post)

And worst phone company: I was slammed by America's TeleNetwork (ATN). They are not permitted to do business in Florida anymore due to their business practices. I had $550 worth of charges in 1 month from these people, and it took 4.5 months to get it resolved. I still ended up paying about $150, because the FTC messed up the dispute and didn't dispute the whole amount. YUCK

9. tom65432

tom65432 Well-Known Member

I forgot AOL. It's probably the worst.

George: Walmart says to let them know if you have a problem. I had a problem (waited a couple hours for tires when they said 40 minutes. Found out the only tire guy had left and might not come back). I complained to store manager and never heard back.

10. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Put all this on Epinions. We all know to check there before doing business with any company, and to report good and bad experiences there - don't we?

Epinions and PFB are beoming strong forces for consumers.

breeze

11. greyfox

greyfox Well-Known Member

George

I walked into our Wall-Mart supercenter a couple of weeks ago to find that they had closed the meat dept., (including the custom Black Angus meats) down and had nothing but that crappy pre-packaged junk. I wouldn't spend a cent on that awful sub-standard stuff.

I was just furious...so I complained to the Asst. Manager and he told me to fill out a complaint form.

So I stood in line for 15 minutes at Customer Service to get a complaint form. They had none. They were completely out of them. They said to ask the people at the podiums, and I did and was told they had been out for a couple of weeks....what a great way to avoid customer complaints, huh? Right at the time they make a major change. Had I been the manager, I would have photocopied a supply when I say we were running low, but perhaps that would have defeated the purpose? :)

I should have written PFB about it, but it's not worth the effort....I've quit buying the produce, because of the low quality, and now the meat...I could get along without Wal-Mart entirely.

12. SCHOLR

SCHOLR Well-Known Member

Re: George

No offense George, but I personally do

not care for Walmart, they are always understaffed,

messy, isles full of boxes and unorganized,

and just not appealing, although I can only attest to

to being in a handful, 5 of them, they all

are the same "mess", I am sure they are not

like that at every location but, that's my experience.

Now Target on the other hand is always a pleasure

to shop at for general merchandise, always clean,

neat, organized, & usually well staffed with courteous

people, price checkers throughout the store, and

they all have walkie talkies, for instant answers.

I am very impressed with Target.

13. RichGuy

RichGuy Well-Known Member

Re: Boycotts

Bad guys:

FIRST USA--They do their best to make your payment one day late, charge a late fee, and then report it as 30 days late. Losers, idiots, prima donnas, after 5 million cardholders cancel they still don't care.

Capital One--Very misleading solicitations, puny credit lines. Their service is nothing special, either.
    Unbelievably low class--if you think your local direct mail shopper is a newspaper, then you probably think Capital One is a credit card.

Qwest--Local telephone service in Arizona, Colorado, etc. As crooked and corrupt a company as you'll ever find. Thanks to their state-enforced monopoly, virtually immune to market pressure or public opinion.

Target--Rude, arrogant, incompetent, seemingly preteen employees who are totally unsupervised. Merchandise is rarely marked or shelved correctly.

14. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Time for bed for me..when I read this thread..I read "Boycotts and Badbreath." Sigh...fuzzy eyes!

Nighters!

15. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

RichGuy,

I'm sorry that you feel that way about Target. It pains me to see that a guest has been dissatisfied. Many of the posters here know that I work for Target. As far as I'm aware, I am none of the above stated definitions of a Target team member. As far as merchandise being marked and not shelved correctly, there are price scanners throughout the store and any team member should be able to tell you how much an item costs. If you feel that Target's team members have inadequately addressed your needs, there are comment cards at every cash register and also by the front doors. I urge you to fill one out the next time you have a negative experience at Target, much less anywhere.

Good luck to you.

16. jzilla

jzilla Well-Known Member

I've never had a problem with Orchard. In fact, they've been very easy to work with. Providian and Cap1 have been pains in the *** as far as they want to give everyone a credit card BUT me. Ford, because they are doing to my roomie what they did to LKH.

17. MikeG

MikeG Well-Known Member

So far I have learned to stay away from any company with "FIRST" in the title. My list would run like this;

Ford Motor Credit, I would have to agree that WalMart is always messy, but it does not distract me. Trans Union and Equifax would be at the top of my list. Comstock Homes have an absolutely horrible customer service department. My lead contractor is an absolute idiot. I would never recommend Comstock to anyone who is shopping for a home.

Mike G.

18. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Re: George

[

They must have so many complaints that you can't keep up with enough forms!
    ==========
    QUOTE]Originally posted by greyfox
    I was just furious...so I complained to the Asst. Manager and he told me to fill out a complaint form.

So I stood in line for 15 minutes at Customer Service to get a complaint form. They had none. They were completely out of them. They said to ask the people at the podiums, and I did and was told they had been out for a couple of weeks.... .
    [/QUOTE]

19. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

==========Insurers and bankers==========

20. Newcomer

Newcomer Well-Known Member

My hit list:

NCO Financial, Sears, Sears Auto Centers, Chase, Time Warner Cable.