boycotts and badmouthing

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by tom65432, Aug 23, 2001.

1. Zaphod

Zaphod Well-Known Member

Well my list would only consist of one...JCPenny's! They totally screwed up my wifes credit with a charge off and 180+ days late! Never was she so late and she paid off the card and it was never charged off! Called JCP and no rectification...disputed all three CRA and all three said JCP verified and each time got a letter from JCP that the info was sticking! I will never, ever purchase something from them again!

---> Zaphod

2. RichGuy

RichGuy Well-Known Member

Re: Erica

Erica,

Sorry if I offended you with my comments about Target. When I got turned down for instant credit at a local Target last August, all the above conditions applied.

A few qualifications:

The merchandise I wanted (luggage) was very poorly shelved. Other departments have been much better on occasion.

That particular local store employs lots of arrogant teenagers. It has also been taken over by a gangbanger-homeboy-homegirl element. Once they take over, they tend to drive out the good employees. I honestly didn't see a single adult working at that particular store.

I'll admit that my comments about Target and Capital One refer largely to my own experiences, although Cap One's intrusive telemarketing is the worst, and a problem for everyone. My comments about First USA and Qwest are substantiated by other people and by news reports as well.

3. marvin

marvin Well-Known Member

I SECOND ADDING USBANK TO THE LIST. We have had absolutely nothing but trouble with USBANK since we got the loan through them. They have also charged me $25.00 overdraft fees for balance inquiries. I have about $3,700 left on the loan and I think I will pay it off next month and be done with them.

4. greyfox

greyfox Well-Known Member

I highly recommend that you stay away from Direct Merchants Bank's secured card....you will never be treated as anything but a second-class citizen, no matter what your FICO is or how good your record is with them.

"You don't get if you don't ask...call Customer Service early and often."

5. Kittw1

Kittw1 Well-Known Member

Ok - Option One Mortgage - predatory lenders. Need I say more

The Associates (now CitiFinancial)..I remember years ago my mother and father had a loan with them. The collectors would call if they were 1 minute late with the payment. Of course we were kids and they would tell us things like, did you know your mommy and daddy are going to have to move since we did not get our money, For some idiotic reason, I guess my mother thought that they had changed and got a second mtg with her new husband thru them. They are rude *******s, ignored a cease and desist notice, call them on the jobs even though they have been told not to...call 4 and 5 times on Sundays. I am working with them to help them get refinanced. I am totally sick of their rude reps and strong arm tactics.

Providian/CCB - they both suck. How can you be late if you paid check by fone 5 days before bill due? Uggghhh. Enuff said.

6. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

Re: Erica

Ok, I'll give you that. There are alot of stores that we call TAR-GHETTO. That is because there are the conditions you explain there and also that there is alot of theft, fraud, and stock shortage. The last statement explains your store almost perfectly.

Ok, let me try to explain a little better... Once you get the "bad" employees into the store and the "good" emloyees see the bad ones getting away with stealing, passing merchandise to their friends, etc., that makes the good employees do one of 2 things.

1: Steal and pass merchandise along with the "bad" employees thus making them one of the bad employees. OR

2: The good employees get fed up with a company that they feel doesn't care about its employees or merchandise and goes to another retail environment.

Based on what you are telling me, maybe both situations apply. What the "bad" employees don't know is that MY department (ASSETS PROTECTION=LOSS PREVENTION) is building a case against the "bad" employees and once we get enough evidence we refer them to the police department for prosecution. The last employee we took out got caught stealing from the Cash Office and we got her for $2500. (She is going to school to be an accountant!!! how ironic)

I agree that the store you describe sounds like a glorified K-mart, but there HAS to be another store around where you are that you may feel more comfortable shopping in.

For example, there are at least 10 stores in Buffalo, NY, and 4 in Rochester, NY (where I am from). So, if the closest one is trashy, go to the next one.

Again, fill out a comment card. I think you can find one at www.target.com if you are not satisfied.

Good luck at Tar-ghetto! hehe