BR update

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by ShyGuy, Jul 24, 2001.

1. ShyGuy

ShyGuy Well-Known Member

Well, after about a year with Bradley Ross, I was about to take a break for a while. All of my BK and other negatives had been either verified or deleted, so I didn't think BR could do anything more. I received a TransUnion with one deletion (of a 10-year-old account that HSB decided to close and report as "closed by credit grantor").

Just when I was about to quit, I received TU and Equifax updates -- each with four deletions. Many of these deletions had been previously verified, including one that was incorrectly reporting as "repo" instead of discharged. My credit reports are all now much shorter than when I started with BR.

So I guess I'll stay with Bradley, Ross for a few more months. Heck, now maybe I'll even check to see what my FICO is. I hope that in less than a year I'll be a homeowner.

ShyGuy

PS -- Sorry I haven't been around for a while. Been swamped.

2. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Congrats Shyguy!

Welcome back to the board also. You are the main source of Bradley Ross info here so your input is appreciated. I only have one bad report left. Equifax is it. EQ score is 673 but public record of the BK and 3 discharged BK accounts. BR may yet be hired to work on EQ only.

Did you see here that Experian is allowing us to dispute inquires? - and delete them.

Jim

3. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

Hey Shyguy,

Wondering what happened to you. I have wanted to hear about your experiences with Bradley Ross. I signed up with BR in May. So far I have received 2 of 3 reports back on my first round. Equifax sent a stall letter stating they needed to verify my address. Funny thing, my husband got his updated report from EQ yesterday, no stall letter for him.

So far on my TU there were 6 disputes with 2 deletions and EX 8 disputes with 4 deletions for me.

My hubby EX 6 disputes with 2 deletions and EQ, 4 disputes with 3 deletions. TU originally gave him a problem sending the original report because they still had the wrong address. We finally got the darned thing and sent it in. TU sent a letter this week stating they received the disputes and we expect his updated TU from round 1 to reach us in the next 3 weeks.

So far in round 2 for me, I received a letter from TU stating receipt of disputes and one of those stupid "if you are using a credit repair company" letter.

We also have a Chapter 7. So far it has only been disputed on my hubby's EX report and has come back verified.

As I have stated before I have been happy with BR. Great service when I have questions. I am dying to see my EQ!

Shyguy, was your BK deleted off of any report and if so which one?

4. ShyGuy

ShyGuy Well-Known Member

Nope, dlo64, my BK is verified every time. I think deleting was easier back before the courts went online. But hey, it's accurate, so I can't complain. I'm happy to see a lot of the inaccurate information leaving my reports. I'll try to count the negatives I had before BR and what I'm at now.

Jim, didn't know that Experian was allowing people to dipute inquires. I'll have to look to see what's on it. I think my bad inquiries are on TU, though. And I have few hard inquiries -- mainly from my car lease.

5. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

Shyguy,

Thanks, that's kind of what I thought about the BK situation. I think though once your BK ages and your credit is rebuilt and in decent shape, the BK takes on less importance.

Please let us know how many negs got deleted. I am curious to know your experience. I'm really surprised that after going through so many rounds, they appear to still be improving your reports. That's great for you!

Regarding inquiries, most of mine are also on TU. TU will not dispute inquiries. You need to do it by source, although sometimes getting the info to contact the source can be a pain in the butt.