Bravo?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Linda, Jun 19, 2000.

1. Linda

Linda Well-Known Member

I am new here, and am hoping someone out there can help me. I just don''t know what to do. I have been trying to help my son dig himself out of debt. We have all his accounts paid off, except one to Bravo, which I tried to contact, but could find no address or information about them. His apartment was robbed and all his paperwork stolen (along with nearly everything else he owned).

Yesterday he got a summons to appear in court from Providian Bancorp. He has never had an account with them. Could they have taken over Bravo? We have gotten NO correspondence from them in the 6 months he's been back home. He DID leave a forwarding address from his previous address, so if they tried to contact him by mail it would have been forwarded. Additionally, they obviously had the address here, as the summons was delivered here. Nor have we gotten any phone calls from them. Do I need a layyer? Isn't the company supposed to contact US before filing a suit? I know I am not very knowledgeble about this stuff, and don't want to make a costly mistake. Allhis other creditors offered stttlements, and we accepted and paid them. I would certainly appreciate any help you could give me. Thank you.

2. JP

JP Guest

Could the Bravo card, be the same Bravo that used to be issued by Discover (Novus)? You may try calling 800 347 2683 and talking to an account rep. Maybe they can direct you to the appropriate department.

Regards,
    JP

3. Linda

Linda Well-Known Member

Thank you. I will try that.