Breeze--Insurance Question

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by texastrini, Jul 26, 2001.

1. texastrini

texastrini Well-Known Member

Breeze,

Which insurance companies forgo pulling a credit report in Texas?

I saw on this board that Nationwide doesn't but when I called for a rate he told me he had to and I asked him to hold the horses.

Can you recommemed. Clean driving record for the past 3 years and sold my car last November and policy expired in December.

Can you help?? Thanks alot.

2. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Oh, hon, the fact that you haven't had insurance in the last 6 months will hurt you - State Farm, and Liberty Mutual dont pull CR's, if they operate in your state. Maybe Farm Bureau - I'm not sure. I know they didn't last time I sent someone to them.

An independent agent has companies like Clarendon and Reliance, that you have never heard of who don't pull reports and your rate shouldn't be too bad. Just tell him up front that you absolutely do not want to see an inquiry on your report, and you will check to see if there is, and if he does it anyway you will cancel his policy immediately.

You will get substandard rates because of the "no insurance in last 6 months," but take the shortest renewal period you can get, and then you will be able to change when it comes up for renewal.

breeze

3. texastrini

I see.

Now State Farm does a 5 year record and my last ticket was 4 years ago.

I am 25F does Liberty rate better then State Farm?

4. FeliceRodo

FeliceRodo Well-Known Member

Re: Insurance Question

I could not help bringing this fact to your attention because it might work.

I sold my car in college due to economic hardship but I kept a non-owner policy with AAA. The premium was only around $110 to $140 per year. It kept me insured.

Maybe it's not too late to get a non-owner's policy so that the insurance clock won't reset to zero?

5. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Supposed to be 40 months. Liberty Mutual has good rates.

breeze

6. texastrini

I am a little dumb...can you elaborate as to what a Non-Ownere policy is?

Also a question that is asked is effective date of policy? How will a recent date help?

7. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

LOL, unusual questions! Non owner policy is used if you have to have financial responsiblity filing (SR22) but do not own a vehicle. States that have this required people who have SR22 requirement to purchase a liability policy even though they don't have cars.

Effective date of policy means when do you want the policy you are applying for to go into effect. Say, you want it to be in effect next Monday - you would put in 7/30/01. It doesn't have anything to do with your old policy dates.

clear as mud??????

breeze

8. FeliceRodo

Non owner's policy is liability insurance for drivers who don't own a car.

You can rent a car, drive someone's car at their request, and be covered with insurance.

I have no idea if such a policy could be retroactive.

9. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

I think she is filling out the application online, wanting to know how to answer the questions, Felice. No policy can be "retroactive" - back-dating is a no-no everywhere, even on the internet, LOL.

breeze

10. texastrini

To clarify I assumed he recommened I buy a non-oweners policy eff now and then hunt for insurance.

So that when asked if I have insurance say yes, even though I recived it yesterday.

11. FeliceRodo

Hi Breeze,
    Maybe back dating is a big no-no but a State Farm insurance person manipulated numbers for me on a policy he opened himself for comp and collision and liability. He gave me a best rate based on 3 continuous years of insurance coverage when I had zero coverage previous to the policy he wrote for me. He put in the claim that I was on my mother's coverage (I was not).

12. texastrini

Thank you both for the Advice.

I will assume that a anything below 650 won't qualify for the major players and will work with Liberty.

Breeze--anything major happens I will keep you posted.

13. CASPER72

CASPER72 Well-Known Member

I dont know if this will help you but I got insurance without having a credit inquiry through Farmers Insurance. I called them up from the dealership when I was looking at my truck and asked how much the rate would be and they asked the routine questions of age and accidents and how far it was roundtrip to work and gave me a quote. I signed my truck papers and went to the office and signed the insurance papers and paid my premium and had insurance right then.

I have since looked at some other companies just to get quotes about insurance and there rates have always been higher (anywhere from 100 to almost double(allstate)) than Farmers Insurance.

Casper72

theres my 2 cents

Your friendly ghosts till ya piss me off!! LOL

14. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

EVEN THOUGH I PAY IN FULL IN ADVANCE OF COVERAGE...Farmer's did a "SOFT" ON TRANSUNION (they are lucky it wasn't a "HARD")...

Since I pay in full before coverage starts...THEY ARE NOT A CREDITOR!!!!

15. CASPER72

CASPER72 Well-Known Member

I guess I should correct myself!!! Transunion is the one credit report that I have not gotten ahold of yet. But basically what I was saying was I walked in and got insurance through them right on the spot.

Guess they could have sent me a letter saying they would not insure me anymore if they chose to do that.

Casper72

Your friendly ghost till ya piss me off!! LOL