Bringing suit

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Shantel, Jun 27, 2001.

  1. Shantel

    Shantel Well-Known Member

    How do you sue someone who lives in one state and you are in another state?

    I'm not trying to sue to big 3....I want to sue the little ex-husband. He was responsible for paying a debt (says so in the decree) and he didn't and it was charged off and it's NOW appearing on my CR.

    It's not a lot of money but besides paying the bill, what else can I sue him for?
  2. LKH

    LKH Well-Known Member

    I don't know if you can sue him for anything other than the debt, but, you may be able to get him for contempt of court for disobeying a court order. You would have to do an Order to Show Cause filed in the same court the decree is filed in. You can sue him in small claims court in your jurisdiction. The courthouse should have a list of process servers. If you call one from the list, they should be able to give the name and number for a process server in the area where your ex is.
  3. Shantel

    Shantel Well-Known Member

    Thanks LKH

Share This Page